Victoria Secret Model Legs

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that's perhaps an unrealistic goal?

"I want legs like someone who I saw working a job who was specifically hired because her legs look like that"

Not necessarily. Why do her legs look like that? Probably because she has a good workout routine and eating habits.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Don't you think that's perhaps an unrealistic goal?

"I want legs like someone who I saw working a job who was specifically hired because her legs look like that"

Not necessarily. Why do her legs look like that? Probably because she has a good workout routine and eating habits.

Negative. Genetics.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Brazil Butt lift program by Beach Body is made by the personal trainer to the Angels. Or, at least at imes he has been.

Callanetics Evolution will help you to get there.Callanetics oes lengthen the muscles in the body, but not to the extent that you're going to be taller or literally have a longer leg. The muscles in the body are stretched and tightened and pulled in, so you get the sleeker appearance.They have the single best saddle bag and slimming exercise I have ever come across in my life .

Depending on your shape, you might not get exactly what you want. Have realistic expectations .If you don't have naturally long legs, you can't exercise yourself into having a long leg. You need surgery for that.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callanetics these excersizes can be easy or altered for more difficulty, but they lengthen muscles instead of bulking up.

The length of your muscles is defined by the attachment to your skeletal system on either end. There is no way to lengthen muscles without changing bone structure.

What about lean muscle. I think if it's lean muscle it can be lengthened. Long lean muscle, that's where it's at!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    What about lean muscle. I think if it's lean muscle it can be lengthened. Long lean muscle, that's where it's at!

Yeah, muscles can be lengthened. There are two types of muscle fibers - short, dense muscle fibers that develop from constant tearing and rebuilding from explosive movements, and long muscle fibers that develop through low-impact endurance activities such as running.

You can change your shape, to a certain degree, but you may be genetically predisposed to develop one type of muscle fiber over another just based on your abilities.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont do any programs that have catchy names on principle alone.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Strive for about 12% body fat.

More like 15-17%. They have to have the layer of fat so that they don't have the "sinew" look.

BEST exercises for getting those legs: body-weight exercises, lunges, stretching and they have to do a lot of spinning. Most of them are between 18 and 24 years old, though. That plays a part in it. As for weights, they are only allowed to lift light weights, think the pink 5-pound thingies.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    As a more unusual alternative to the usual recommended exercises, you could try Taijiquan. Check out this video and tell me it's not one of the most graceful (and strongest legged) things you've ever seen. look at how stable she is, like she's got roots or something... incredible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6r6DOvc
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Strive for about 12% body fat.

More like 15-17%. They have to have the layer of fat so that they don't have the "sinew" look.

BEST exercises for getting those legs: body-weight exercises, lunges, stretching and they have to do a lot of spinning. Most of them are between 18 and 24 years old, though. That plays a part in it. As for weights, they are only allowed to lift light weights, think the pink 5-pound thingies.

Yeah... I was mostly joking about 12% specifically, but on a serious note, the VS models look the way they do because they have a very low body fat percentage, low enough for even small musculature to be visible.

Not ragging on them or anything, that's just why their legs look so toned. Very little fat.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    could try brazilian butt lift from beach body. never done it but every other beach body product i've used was quality
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    lol i guess you were right about only be allowed to lift 5 lbs weights:

http://www.notyouraveragefitnesstips.com/best-workout-routines/exercise-plan-for-women-victoria-secret-model-workout-routine-and-diet

Alessandra Ambrosio uses brazilian butt lift... or so she says in an advertisement lol.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    darn it....I have to stop building my hopes for pics in these types of posts :grumble:
  • secretlobster
    Options
    lol i guess you were right about only be allowed to lift 5 lbs weights:

http://www.notyouraveragefitnesstips.com/best-workout-routines/exercise-plan-for-women-victoria-secret-model-workout-routine-and-diet

Alessandra Ambrosio uses brazilian butt lift... or so she says in an advertisement lol.

From the article:

"Some of the key tweaks Justin incorporates into the models’ workout routines are that he focuses on “lengthening and strengthening.” He doesn’t think the models should bulk up so avoids most direct leg training. In his opinion, lunges and other exercises involving leg weights have no place in a model’s workout routine. Even plyometrics and stair running are barred. Finally, he only allows the girls to use 5lb weights."

Yeahhhh this is why I do not look like a VS model
  • purplekitty1987
    purplekitty1987 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try T-Tapp, Tereasa Tapp spent more then 20 years getting models of all body types camera ready quickly. She says they don't care what models weigh, their measurements are all important. If you can't fit the clothes you don't work. It is important to understand your body type and what you can realisticly achieve, short torso, long torso, combo, etc.
    She has free samples to "try before you buy" workouts on the internet. If you just watch you'll scoff and think this will do nothing, if you actually try it it will change your mind. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    There is an operation you can have done where the physician breaks your leg bone (it's usually done one at a time), then places screws inside the bone. As the bone is healing, they twist the screws and your leg bone will grow longer in the process. It can make you a few inches taller. Or you can just work out, diet, and wear heels. :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    deadlift
    squat
    lunge
    run
    stretch
    repeat

^^This

Bingo.

Thirded. Add hill sprints, too.

^ yes - specifically Bay Ridge Brooklyn hills. the one at Owl's Head Park -shakes noggin- OUCHIES -looks down at legs- *does NOT complain*

l950959152.jpg
    Ha, I have family that lives off of Bay Ridge in Brooklyn. Wonder if my cousin's ever been there?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As a more unusual alternative to the usual recommended exercises, you could try Taijiquan. Check out this video and tell me it's not one of the most graceful (and strongest legged) things you've ever seen. look at how stable she is, like she's got roots or something... incredible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvF6r6DOvc

Mmm. The ancient art of very, very slow lunges. :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    There is an operation you can have done where the physician breaks your leg bone (it's usually done one at a time), then places screws inside the bone. As the bone is healing, they twist the screws and your leg bone will grow longer in the process. It can make you a few inches taller. Or you can just work out, diet, and wear heels. :drinker:

I don't look so good in heels. Pass me the hammer. :(
  • ImperfectedBeauty
    ImperfectedBeauty Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I recommend blogilates.com, she has an entire series on victorias secret models. Her workouts are fantastic.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Aside from Starving and not being 6 ft tall what's the best way to achieve awesome lean tones legs and butt?? I have been struggling in this area for a long time and I'm tired of it....thanks for the input!

I used to have great legs when I played soccer, even better than any Victoria Secrets model. (at least *I* thought so) But seriously, you have to lose the fat and do strength training if you want nice legs.