Odd or not?

Options
Hey all...I have been tracking on MFP for about about 2 months now. I have been tracking faithfully, with a few days that I didn't track at all (Thanksgiving being one).
Anyway, I weighed in today, and I was 5 lbs lighter than last WEEK (for a total loss of 10lbs over the 2 months). I was pretty on spot with my daily calories, going over by less than 100 calories 1 day and being under (b/w 200-300) for maybe 2-3 days. One Day, I was way over (PIzza night, Friday).
This doesn't seem normal to me. I feel fine, and I weigh myself at the same time each Wednesday (after breakfast, before showering...I know I shouldn't do it on a full stomach, but I remain consistent.)
Thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    So you're 5lbs lighter in one week?

Couple things -
    1) enjoy it for the day
    2) it mostly likey water weight. You've probably been really good the last 24-48hrs on your sodium and water which resulted in a bigger loss.

You can weigh again tomorrow to see if it was a fluke or just wait until next week. But don't be surprised if next week you don't lose at all. Your body will fluctuate during this process and some weeks will be higher than others -its all an adjutment to your new activities and diet.
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So you're 5lbs lighter in one week?

Couple things -
    1) enjoy it for the day
    2) it mostly likey water weight. You've probably been really good the last 24-48hrs on your sodium and water which resulted in a bigger loss.

You can weigh again tomorrow to see if it was a fluke or just wait until next week. But don't be surprised if next week you don't lose at all. Your body will fluctuate during this process and some weeks will be higher than others -its all an adjutment to your new activities and diet.

Whooshes aren't uncommon during a cut. I had a week I lost 9 pounds in, didn't regain any of it.
  • JayRod2519
    JayRod2519 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "So you're 5lbs lighter in one week?

Couple things -
    1) enjoy it for the day

You can weigh again tomorrow to see if it was a fluke or just wait until next week. But don't be surprised if next week you don't lose at all. Your body will fluctuate during this process and some weeks will be higher than others -its all an adjutment to your new activities and diet."

I am enjoying it, but am also using it as motivation to work harder and eat smarter. I certainly didn't use it as an excuse to go for ice cream with my wife and children (it was tough to say no!). But I do fully expect to gain a little next week, but I will be ok with that, since I will be down overall.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Try to weigh yourself at the same time, under the same conditions all the time, or you will get lots of noise in your data. HOWEVER...I'm 5 11 and when I gave up beer and soda, I lost 10lbs in two weeks.