1st day and already in the red.

Options
13»

Replies

• Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    This site is an incredible tool for learning how to eat better. Don't beat yourself up over bad days~ just learn from them and apply to next time. You'll be making better choices in no time if you just stick with it. Start scoping out restaurants and establishments for their lower calorie options so that you'll know ahead of time what is best. :smile:

btw~ I ate a (what I later found out to be) 1,100 calorie salad from Walmart my first day. I learned quickly!!! lol :wink:
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. -52 is not bad at all. I've gone in the red a lot worse than that. There some ok choices if you do go to McDonald's. A lot of times if I go there I'll get one of their smaller sammys (ok not a great choice there) and a side salad.
  • spoons81
    spoons81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just ate a wendys grilled chicken wrap with no sauce and a small chili and I don't feel guilty about it! It was about 440 calories, which is about what I average for lunch anyway. I just made sure to check their website before going to order. That way I knew exactly what I could and could not have from their menu! Also, watch out for the salads at those places - a lot of them can run you 700-1000 calories!
  • superdeedooper
    superdeedooper Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You've probably burned those 52 calories just by typing your message and reading all of the reply messages. If not that way, then they'll definitely be burned off while you sleep. No stress. No worries. :smile:
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else; the fact that you are in this site and that you logged your food and are beginning to be aware of your eating and how many calories things actually are is HUGE victory. Celebrate every small step and forgive the missteps quickly. If you linger on it, it will only make moving forward harder. We all go over sometimes. It happens. It will take you time to get into new habits and even then, I think it's absolutely okay to plan a cheat meal here and there. If you constantly feel deprived it will lead to overeating later and make it that much easier to give up. Anyway, I'm proud of you for taking this first step. Feel free to add me; I think that support and accountability is a huge part of this journey.
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You will be in the red a lot throughout your weight loss journey...it is just the nature of eating and food. Don't beat yourself up cause tomorrow is a new day and you will have lots of good days too!! Good luck!
  • pattydi
    pattydi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ok so I have to add my 2 cents... I happen to be a GM for McDonald's and by no means am I going to tell you that the food is ok to eat.. But there are some healthy choices no matter what fast food chain you eat at... You can choose to eat a bigmac, or you can eat a parfait.and a salad. I eat there 2x's a day because I work there.. some days i bring in my own lunches.. but have been able to adapt things on their menu to fit into my plan.. I have lost over a hundred pounds and have done this with eating some McDonald's once in awhile.. If you can't control what you put in your mouth, than it doesn't matter where you eat!
    Oh and for the person that suggested you check out what's in a chicken nugget, I will tell you it's 100% whole white chicken breast.. yes it's breaded.. yes it's fried.... but it isn't made with beaks and guts either....
    Don't be too hard on yourself for being in the red for one day..Practise makes perfect! find out what works for you, and work on educating yourself about nutrition. It's all about proportions, and control...
    Best of luck to you!
    PattyD
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds -= sodium. that is how you learn what you can and can't eat - is by writing it down. now you know.. :smile:
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You can eat out anywhere really just learn to make smarter choices you should go on there website look at the food and decide what you want before you go
  • ladyartichoke
    Options
    I went 504 into the red on my first day! I thought I was being so careful, obviously not. They do say that people underestimated their calorie intake and they're right!