Big girl with big weight to lose..

Options
Hello All! I am new to this site for about a week give or take a few days. My weight has yo-yo'd for pretty much all of my life. Last December I was the heaviest I had EVER been... a whopping 275 pounds! I was so sick of being the "fat girl" that I joined weight watchers. I lost 30 pounds and then my weight loss abruptly stopped. Come to find out... I have hypothyroidism. Since then weightloss as been an even bigger hurdle due to my thyroid issues. But I decided that there has to be some way to over some this. Since I've joined myfitnesspal.com through a recommendation of a friend, I have lost 5 pounds. I am 2 pounds away from being 10 pounds less since my birthday on November 8th. I am 5'4 and have already seen a few inspiring ladies out there who have had major weight loss. I am trying to lose 100 pounds by December 7th 2013, the day of my wedding. So far I have friended three ladies who have had such inspiring sucess by losing 75+ pounds. If you're in the same boat like me, let us work together to conquer our goals and claim our health back! Cheers!

Replies

• Millie0322
    Options
    Right here girl, I'm in the same boat as you!! I know how you feel about weight watchers! EVERYONE in my meetings had like 29 pts where I had 40! I've got 113lbs to lose on top of the 13 I have already dropped!! I would really like to reach my goal by Dec. 31, 2012. We can do this together, I will be here every step of the way!! Its a big goal but it can be accomplished :)
  • onyxwood
    onyxwood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    feel free to addy me!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am new to this site for about a week give or take a few days. My weight has yo-yo'd for pretty much all of my life. Last December I was the heaviest I had EVER been... a whopping 275 pounds! I was so sick of being the "fat girl" that I joined weight watchers. I lost 30 pounds and then my weight loss abruptly stopped. Come to find out... I have hypothyroidism. Since then weightloss as been an even bigger hurdle due to my thyroid issues. But I decided that there has to be some way to over some this. Since I've joined myfitnesspal.com through a recommendation of a friend, I have lost 5 pounds. I am 2 pounds away from being 10 pounds less since my birthday on November 8th. I am 5'4 and have already seen a few inspiring ladies out there who have had major weight loss. I am trying to lose 100 pounds by December 7th 2013, the day of my wedding. So far I have friended three ladies who have had such inspiring sucess by losing 75+ pounds. If you're in the same boat like me, let us work together to conquer our goals and claim our health back! Cheers!

You might want to check out the hypothyroid forum here---there's an amazing amount of information there. One of the things I would recommend is that you follow a lower carb eating plan. Dr. Hyman (he writes medical articles for the Huffington Post) has a new book out---I forget what it is called, but it speaks to the issue of the thyroid disease epidemic. He sort of stumbled on a cure for many thyroid issues in trying to help his patients to avoid Type II diabetes. What he discovered is that the lower carb eating (eliminating sugar entirely) that he proposed to ward off the diabetes ALSO helped to improve thyroid function! I have been following a lower carb eating plan since May and my numbers on my most recent thyroid workup look much better than they did. I just aim to keep my carbs between 100-200 grams per day (most days I just eat around 100 but on the days when I spend an hour at aquacize class, I allow myself to eat 200 grams. I have eliminated sugar and I avoid eating grain as much as possible. I have lost 24 pounds since May (and I had a REALLY tough time losing before) and I haven't felt so well for some time. I am completely off my blood pressure meds and my blood sugar numbers look good as well.
  • byeachmoment
    Options
    You sound like you are really motivated, that's awesome :) I'm not in the same situation as you but I used to be. So far I've lost 104 lbs and I'm in the process of losing the last six lbs to reach my ultimate goal weight. Feel free to add me and I'd love to give you tips and let you know I succeeded.

Congratulations on starting your journey, good luck!
  • alyssam6
    alyssam6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also started WW last december, lost 36 lbs in 6months and then when I graduated from college everything just stopped. I gained around 8lbs back and had been struggle trying to make WW work for me for the last few months with no success! I got so frustrated with it that I decided to join MFP. I have around 84lbs left to lose, but WE CAN DO THIS! :)
  • taintedlush
    taintedlush Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for reading my post and taking the time to respond with some really awesome words of encouragement and positive feedback. i really appreciate you all for that! I look forward to being friends with you and I look forward to the opportunities for sharing encouragement and support for one another in reaching and maybe even exceeding our goals and expectations! I hope you all have a great week! Thanks again! You all gave me a smile.