I HATE MY SCALE!!!!

sheri3762
sheri3762 Posts: 159
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am really frustrated! Ok, I've lost 20 pounds since Middle November (my ticker says 14#, I've just joined this site on January 2nd.) I've lost 4 inches on my hips, 3 on my waist and 3 on my chest, but when I spend almost 2 weeks being consistant with my calorie intake, drinking my water and doing some type of excercise everyday and the scale does not move even a half a pound, it sucks!

I probably burn 300-800 calories a day in excercise, depending on the way and what I've done. I switch it up constantly. Aerobics: turbo jam, dancing w/ stars, biggest loser and 30 day shred. I walk on treadmil at 4.5 per hour, I do calastetics EVERYDAY for atleast 20 minutes and I strength train with 5# dumbells 4 times a week. I tried the zig-zag approach for a week in the past couple weeks and then this last week I ate my calores.

Now that I've explained all my activities and food for the week, I gotta figure out what to do next. I think I may need to try to eat moreof my excercise calories. I'll admit I don't always eat them. I do try to eat some of them.

I was raised to believe that less calories equeals more weight loss. For some reason i am extremely afraid to eat those calories! I don't know why. I guess its just a mind thing. I've never lost weight before by eating this many calories, but then again, I never kept it off eithee!

I know I've done well, my clothes are haning on me. I had to get more pants. Nice feeling when you have to go to the bathroom and you don't even have to unzip your pants cause they fall off!

So, my question to all of you is, how do i convince myself that eating more will really help. How can I make the change within myself to believe this to be true?

general info: I eat between 1200 and 1500 cal a day. I burn 300-800 a day in excercise. I do burn high calories on lower calorie intake days. I've been trying to confuse my metabolism, but this obviously isn't working for me. Any ideas?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    If you're losing inches, that means you're losing fat. Don't focus solely on the scale because there are numerous factors that can affect your numbers (e.g. menstral cycle, excess sodium, building of muscle mass, etc.). Yes, building muscles with all your workouts will make the scale "lie" with regards to your fat loss, which is why hip/waist/neck measurements are suggested. Since muscle is more dense than fat, when you increase muscle mass while losing weight it will offset on the scale.

So don't sweat the scale - keep watching your calories and working out; your results are showing in your measurements and the scale will eventually catch up!
This discussion has been closed.