Do fiber tabs help?

Options
I am thinking about trying the fiber tablets again. Because it is very hard for me not to overeat. I get that nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach that is begging me to eat more. I know I am eating enough. I ate about 1600 calories today, 400 more than I was supposed to. I eat a lot of protein so I don't think that is the problem.

Replies

• SashThompson
    SashThompson Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    fiber will increase your bowel movement so i'm not so sure they're the answer to your problem. The more you give in to that nagging feeling in your stomach the longer it will stay. Perhaps try drinking lots more water before and during meals to fill you up a bit?
  • LacieW85
    LacieW85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you feel "hungry" you're not really. Our bodies can't differentiate between hunger and thirst. Try drinking water first to see if you're really hungry. Focus on getting protein and fiber. Both keep you feeling fuller, longer.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'd try drinking water first and trying to figure out why you are hungry when you are (other than just wanting food!). I thought about using fiber tablets, but it's all got to come out and I can just imagine how miserable and bloated I'd feel after I'd beaten the munchies!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    how do you know 1200cals is right for you?