High Calorie Burning Excersises?

What excersise would burn the most calories?

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Zumba burns a lot. I do it for an hour and I attach my heart rate monitor to myself and burn somewhere between 700-900 calories in the hour. I also find that an exercise bike is quite good too.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    I agree. Zumba is a great workout! I also really like the elliptical machine at the gym. It burns a lot of calories as well.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Anything that you will do with the most intensity. Though if I had to pick one, swim sprinting beats all.
  • wiserebel
    wiserebel Posts: 28 Member
    Cycling works for me, 25mins riding into work burns around 400-500 calories
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Arc Trainer burns calories quicker!
    But running and the elliptical are great too!

Also doing the 'Blogilates' HIIT and fat burning videos 4 times in a row is an amazing burner, and realllyyy gets your heart rate up :) Check out Blogilates on youtube
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Cycling works for me, 25mins riding into work burns around 400-500 calories

doubtful that it is actually anywhere near that unless you are all out sprinting at max effort the entire way
  • LunaHare
    LunaHare Posts: 30 Member
    Swimming! But only if you swim fast and hard with little break.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    It's really not about the specific cardio exercise. The two biggest factors in calorie burns are weight (I mean your weight, someone who is 125lbs will burn less than someone who is 200lbs) and intensity.
    You can burn little on any piece of cardio equipment from treadmill to bike to elliptical or you can burn a lot if you up speed/incline/resistance. Same with Zumba. You can take it easy or push hard.