Muscle on a Woman

Options

Replies

• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    the best thing i ever did for my body is lifting.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    feel free to creep my profile. all 100% natural... 110% effort and 120% hard work!!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Who said about what level of bodybuilder level athlete they are?

There is bikini, fitness, figure and body building levels of female body building. People always look at the most extreme examples. Sad really.

That said, a female body builder of any level is (of course only IMO) far better looking than ANY woman who is obese (30% plus body fat). I'd rather see tight muscle than rolls of fat.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I want muscle!

I think most men tbh, when they hear "do you like muscle on a woman?" they have an image in their head of a female bodybuilder, usually the unnatural ones. A woman with a decent fitness model type amount of muscle or even a bit more than that I'm pretty sure most men would either find attractive or not care either way.

From my boyfriend's point of view, he finds healthy and natural looking women attractive. You can be really muscular but as long as it doesn't look like it's through unnatural means (male hormones) then he'll like it. None of this "a woman should look like this..." crap. A woman should look how she ends up looking, that is a real woman. As long as she's healthy (not obese, or very underweight) and is natural, the woman can be attractive.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/598632_555667431117096_222336458_n.jpg

- Two of the Gaspari girls - most girls who train, frank, look amazing when diet is done correctly.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/306604_10151297291285850_213246208_n.jpg

- some of the bikini girls. Again - anything wrong with this look?
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    feel free to creep my profile. all 100% natural... 110% effort and 120% hard work!!!

Crazy4lulu, Looking great.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I think it is sexy to have some good definition. A six pack can even be sexy on a woman.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options

I definitely just creeped and GIRL YOU LOOK AMAZING!

I have been doing lifting for 3-4 weeks now and I love the results so far. I think muscle of girls just shows hard they look after their selves without starving their selves!
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

I have been doing lifting for 3-4 weeks now and I love the results so far. I think muscle of girls just shows hard they look after their selves without starving their selves!

Exactly.

And when someone says its obsessive to train etc... look at reality - an hour or two at the gym vs:

-Several hours in front of the TV each night
    -Drinking until you cannot work
    -Eat so that you gain massive mounds of fat
    -Hours on video games

You get the point! Is it not better for one to keep oneself healthy - you get one body - best to keep it running the best you can - you are in it and use it more than ANYTHING you will own in your life time and maybe, your body, will be depended on by your kids and family too, so not to fail and get ill.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Damn Matt your gf is HOT!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Matt your girlfriend is smoking! Seriously got body going on there! I totally agree with your comparison of rather seeing a large female bodybuilder build over an obese 30% fat figure. All day long. Personally, although its not a look I aspire too (heavyweight female bodybuilder) I appreciate the dedication it takes and the years of hard work gone into achieving that look.
  • kellehbeans
    Options

Exactly.

And when someone says its obsessive to train etc... look at reality - an hour or two at the gym vs:

-Hours on video games

You get the point! Is it not better for one to keep oneself healthy - you get one body - best to keep it running the best you can - you are in it and use it more than ANYTHING you will own in your life time and maybe, your body, will be depended on by your kids and family too, so not to fail and get ill.

I get told I'm obsessive because I do it 3 times a week as well as a lot of cardio. I don't find that obsessive and I certainly don't find my eating habits obsessive (my boyfriend tells me this). Just because he sits around eating a large Domino's pizza and watch TV, he thinks I'm obsessive! I'm the one that looks after myself. He tells me he doesn't want me to look butch. What a weird thing to say! (I also have more muscle than him now). But I take pride in my appearance and I also take pride in choosing the right foods and the right portions. :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Exactly.

-Hours on video games

I get told I'm obsessive because I do it 3 times a week as well as a lot of cardio. I don't find that obsessive and I certainly don't find my eating habits obsessive (my boyfriend tells me this). Just because he sits around eating a large Domino's pizza and watch TV, he thinks I'm obsessive! I'm the one that looks after myself. He tells me he doesn't want me to look butch. What a weird thing to say! (I also have more muscle than him now). But I take pride in my appearance and I also take pride in choosing the right foods and the right portions. :)

You go girly..you're doing it for you and nobody else.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

Exactly.

-Hours on video games

Bingo. Until you point things out... people miss what other could consider obsessive.

For a woman to look butch, thats a WHOLE lot of work.
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Thank you Matt and Fozzi! That makes me feel better about pointing stuff out to him and having a valid argument against why I am not obsessive.
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have started on the muscle building. I like women to look strong. It definitely looks awesome.

I am a climber so am not looking to be bulked as I need the power to weight ratio but there is something really good about seeing muscle being used, athletic women look strong and confident. There needs to be more of them. I think that is why Jessica Ennis has been so popular this year
  • cyclenut64
    Options
    A woman with muscles is definitely hot, hot, hot!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Exactly.

-Hours on video games

My OH isn't negative about what I do as such, but he also thinks 'i'm obsessed'. I think it's just because it's a new development in our lives together, but as time passes it will just become part of what I am. Hopefully it will be the same with your OH. Or just break up lol :laugh:
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    As you can see from the above posts, you are going to get a mixed reaction. When I was in my prime physique I had men tell me I was intimidating cause I lifted *heavy*. (I still think there is a big misconception of what *heavy* is for a woman.) I also had men stop me in a store and tell me how amazing i looked. Ive had men/women blatently ignore me at the gym cause I worked out in the weight room. But I also made some wonderful friends in the weight room.

I think some ppl have different ideas of what muscular is..what toned is.. what skinny is... Just like the poster earlier commented about madonna's arms.

I stopped caring what ppl thought... Got used to the positive and negative comments/stares and kept on liftin :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    That is my goal although I've been lifting heavy for over a year now. Although I now have toned arms but I want it to look a bit more muscley.

A sufficient amount of muscle on a woman's body is actually sexy but too much will cause the opposite.

Awesome profile pic!! What a transformation!
    Thanks darling :)

Been yo-yoed for more than a decade & then struggled in this journey for 3 years before I finally get here where I am. But I owe the most part to heavy weight lifting.