Can't eat my calories

Options
For some reason I canot eat the calories i'm suppossed to eat 1690, I eat constantly all day, fruit, veggies,etc. and work out 3 cardios a day. But no matter what I cannot get more than 1000 calories intake that is before figuring in my workouts going by that I'm luck to eat more than 600 a day.

I guess I have room for Ice Cream!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Replies

• zombiesniper
    Options
    For some reason I canot eat the calories i'm suppossed to eat 1690, I eat constantly all day, fruit, veggies,etc. and work out 3 cardios a day. But no matter what I cannot get more than 1000 calories intake that is before figuring in my workouts going by that I'm luck to eat more than 600 a day.

• jojom
    jojom Posts: 20
    Options
    1690 calories seems very high anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about not reaching that amount. Listen to your body - if you are not hungry don't eat for the sake of it. Try not to drop below 1000 calories if you can but just make the most of being able to eat less and feel satisfied. Isn't this what you wanted???
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Try having high fiber crackers or an apple with some peanut or other nut butter. It's high calorie but really good for you. That's an easy 200 cal plus.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    nuts, avocados, tuna, all really good and higher in calories that just the veggies, You should look at this post Called "THE answers to THE questions" In fact i think ill bump it right now. I read it and i have been looking up on the "starvation mode" on the internet. I did what all the successful people (the ones who have stayed that way) and I have lost 4 pounds by coming with in 300 calories of my limits with exercise, so... READ THIS one I am going to bump!:happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

examine your diet. Are you eating all the right types of foods? If you are taking in the right amounts of fat, protein, and carbs, it shouldn't be that difficult to reach 1690. If your constantly eating fruits and veggies then there may be your issue. Fruits and veggies are WONDERFUL but if you eat them to the exclusion of other forms of food, then you are doing your body a disservice by not giving it the things like omega 3 fatty acids (good fat), protein, dairy, whole grains. All very important to a healthy lifestyle.

And I don't think 1690 is out of normal for you. If you can't figure out a way to do it on your own, try sitting down with a nutritionist, your doctor should be able to recommend a good one for you. 1 session is probably all you need to get on the right track.
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    The number of calories you actually burn isn’t always accurate. I would say try and hit your goal intake without factoring in what you burn. If you feel hungry try things like protein shakes. They are great for recovery and muscle development. They also can taste really great. It’s a great way to fill the belly and the numbers.
  • zombiesniper
    Options
    Thanks for all the info, I re-did my food today for all day and hit 1300 so I was really eating to many low cal things. Added tuna and cottage cheese to my lunch. and big ole fat KC strip for supper tonight.

SWEEEET