1 eggplant - 3 inches in diameter, peeled and cut into 4 half-inch thick slices
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Cal: 119 each!!

Directions
Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees F. Brush both sides of the eggplant with the oil and season with the salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until browned and almost tender, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Spread 1 tablespoon of pasta sauce on each eggplant slice. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.

Number of Servings: 4

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GONZOSTAR.

Number of Servings: 4

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=294062

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    What could you have on the side so you can fill up? Raw bell pepers?
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I make a similar recipe but your portabellas instead of eggplant....so yummy!
    I also make a really lean meat sause for on top out of ground turkey.
    The kids can eat all the pizza they want, if i have a portabella pizza in front of me, i don't care!

I don't have any recipes for eggplant, so i may try this one out instead of the mushroom! Thanks!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Wow the mushroom pizza sounds good too!!!!!!!!! Great now I dont know what I want lol jk. thanx
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This does so good. I have read that if you salt your eggplant after slicing it, and then lay that on paper towels for 30 minutes or so, it will wick out some of the extra moisture. I wonder if this might crisp up the outside more? How crispy was your eggplant?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    I am making it tonight so i will let you know over the weekend :)
  • CreativeOne
    Options
    I found a really good pizza recipe, even my 3yr old ate it. It is Arugula, carmelized onion and goat cheese pizza from Ellie Krieger of Food Network. You should check it out. It called for 4 6in tortillas but I made it on a whole wheat pizza crust that I bought. It was yummy! 280 Cal per serving.
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    bump :)