No weight loss this week :-(

Options
Feeling so disheartened and generally rubbish after working my *kitten* off at the gym and sticking to my 1200 calories :-(
Anybody else have days where they just want to give up??

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do today too, because I have also worked my *kitten* off this week and have not lost 1 pound! I always get to this weight and give up, so I keep on working at it-- trusting that it will all work out! Try one day at a time like I have to sometimes and it will get you through today! Cheers-- you are certainly not alone with your feelings.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Weight loss looks more like an EKG than it does a straight line. Don't get discouraged!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs. Measurements also haven't changed. I'm getting beyond discouraged. And it doesn't help that my fiance tells me I'm being obsessive when I'm just trying to get thinner.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories back, if not eat half of them back. If your burning a lot of calories and not eating some of them back that is probably why your not losing because your body is hanging on to it due to your not eating enough. Give it a try
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    working your *kitten* off at the gym and only eating 1200 calories = NOT ENOUGH FUEL and your body doesn't respond the way you want it to when you don't fuel it properly, just like your car!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Feeling so disheartened and generally rubbish after working my *kitten* off at the gym and sticking to my 1200 calories :-(

yes!! I haven't lost significant weight since August :( I have only lost 3.4 pounds in over 90 days...despite the fact that I still have about 50-60 pounds to lose. My measurements haven't really changed either :(

I am focusing more on strength now, and hoping that the weight eventually drops off...
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    working your *kitten* off at the gym and only eating 1200 calories = NOT ENOUGH FUEL and your body doesn't respond the way you want it to when you don't fuel it properly, just like your car!

This! Your body doesn't care that you want to lose weight. Work with your body and fuel it properly. Estimate your TDEE and reduce it by 15%. That's a reasonable caloric intake to lose weight.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I started I weighed myself and after 2 weeks of officating basketball I had gained 2 pounds...that is when I changed my mindset to weight does not matter, I want to be fit and size. weight is a number that is determined by gavitational pull which can change based on time of day, where the earth is posittioned etc...Good luck with your journey but keep in mind nobody turns around and heads home if they take a wrong turn on the way to a vacation...
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

yes!! I haven't lost significant weight since August :( I have only lost 3.4 pounds in over 90 days...despite the fact that I still have about 50-60 pounds to lose. My measurements haven't really changed either :(

I am focusing more on strength now, and hoping that the weight eventually drops off...

I have the same exact problem. I have lost 35 pounds and can not get any lower. It is making me crazy!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    What is TDEE?

Total daily energy expenditure. It's the actually number of calories you burn each day on average.

MFP works by calculating your TDEE excluding exercise and then adding the exercise back in to get that day's calories burned (minus the deficit for weight loss). However, some people on MFP who have very regular exercise schedules prefer to calculate their TDEE including exercise and subtract a percentage to create their caloric deficit. This has the added benefit of taking into account the fact that, as you lose weight, it is not healthy or practical to lose it as quickly.