Question on Jillians 30 Day Shred

Options
I've been doing the 30 day shred on and off 2 - 3 days a week. I see that some people are doing it 4 -5 times a week.

Is this safe for our muscles? I thought we had to rest in between?

Just curious . . . .

Replies

• tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I personally thought the program was designed to do 30 days in a row--I could be wrong? I can't do it more than twice a week and that's pushing it! HA!
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do it every day, but I've only been doing it for a little over a week so I'm only on level 1. I've noticed a big difference in muscle tone, though! I use anywhere from 3-5 lb weights. I'm not sure which weights you're supposed to use. I alternate between the 3 and 5 pounders, and that seems to help any soreness.
  • amyrankin
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I did this video everyday last summer and I found muscles I didnt know of! and they hurt, but after a week I was amazed I was stonger and slimming down, I stopped doing it and now..... well lets just say I am geting refocused!
    I loved the video, when I could I would do it 2 a day, but then I have a long way to go to be healthy
    good luck!! the walk out pushups are my favorite!!
  • ugavirules
    ugavirules Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on the Jillian 30 day shred now for a month now and I do it everyday but Sunday...

I also felt like I was going to DIE the first couple of weeks.. but after the second week I really felt good and could pretty much hang with her with a few stops along the way (sorry but when she tells me if I need to take 5 I DO!) LOL

I love the workout I am in Level 3 now and OMG.. its KILLER.. but I do enjoy it.

I also am starting the Biggest Loser Cardio Max a couple of days a week. Its a good cardio workout, Jillian's is much tougher but the BL DVD has more workouts on it for a variety..

Can you tell I am really trying to get in shape for bikini season! LOL

I love Jillian and her workouts! they are intense but they are getting great results for me...

Hope you continue on with them if possible. But a word of advice if I stop doing my workouts for more than 2 consecutive days it is much harder when I start back, I've found a one day rest works well and I don't feel like I'm dying when I start back.. not sure why that is but thats how it has been for me.

Good Luck!
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes! 30 day shred is wonderful. I'm on day 13... I think...lol/

anywayyyys I've been doing it everyday unless my muscles hurt too badly then i just give them a rest for the day :]

It's so perfect for people who do not have a lot of time. Only 20 minutes! I do level 1 and 2 together now.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of the shred. I love this workout...even though I feel like I could die at times!! My muscles are feeling great! I do it every morning, but have only been doing it for about a week and a half.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I just started doing 30 day shred, the first day I also found muscles that I did not know I had. I had to wait 2 days to do it again. I am starting 3 days a week and working up, If your really sore I would take a day off. I am not in shape so I will have to work up to daily.
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I asked this very question of Jillian Michaels online (got the email from her website) and this is the response I've just had back:

You want to rest 2 days out of the week with this DVD. Those days should not be two in a row however. For instance, if you work out 7 days a week you may want to do exercise M, T, W, take Thursday off, exercise Friday and Saturday and take sunday off or some combination like that. I hope that helps.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I do it every other dayso my days alternate from week to week. I do it this way because I found it to be too hard if I took 2 days off in a row!
    (And I guess the people on her website agree!:laugh: )
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I personally thought the program was designed to do 30 days in a row--I could be wrong? I can't do it more than twice a week and that's pushing it! HA!

I think you're right- at the end of Level 2 she says something along the lines of "Good job- we'll see you again tomorrow!"
  • ugavirules
    Options
    I asked this very question of Jillian Michaels online (got the email from her website) and this is the response I've just had back:

You want to rest 2 days out of the week with this DVD. Those days should not be two in a row however. For instance, if you work out 7 days a week you may want to do exercise M, T, W, take Thursday off, exercise Friday and Saturday and take sunday off or some combination like that. I hope that helps.

Had no idea you could ask her questions, that is great.
    I can see why you need a couple of days off doing this workout.. but I try to only take one day off but sometimes two.
    I also totally agree that it should never be two days in a row off. Makes it MUCH harder to get back into it for some reason!
    Thanks for posting this info!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 day slimdown that was offered with Comcast....here is the link:

Just click on download the plan which incorporates all three of her DVD's http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1

There are only 4 days off in the whole monthand took me 45 days to finish it

Actually, I think the results are amazing
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    <<snip>>
    <<snip>>
    The "rest day" protocol is aimed at weight trainers lifting heavy. Heavy weightlifting causes tiny tears in muscle tissue, and when the tears heal the muscles are bigger and stronger than they were originally. Healing the tears takes time, and that's what the rest day is for.

30 day shred it light weight stuff, basically aerobics with a little something in your hand. No tearing, nothing to heal. It's fine to do the shred every day if you feel up to it. I did the 30 workouts in about 35 days and loved it. Great stuff,,, need to do it again.
  • ugavirules
    Options
    <<snip>>
    <<snip>>
    The "rest day" protocol is aimed at weight trainers lifting heavy. Heavy weightlifting causes tiny tears in muscle tissue, and when the tears heal the muscles are bigger and stronger than they were originally. Healing the tears takes time, and that's what the rest day is for.

30 day shred it light weight stuff, basically aerobics with a little something in your hand. No tearing, nothing to heal. It's fine to do the shred every day if you feel up to it. I did the 30 workouts in about 35 days and loved it. Great stuff,,, need to do it again.

I love the 30 day shred, it is a great workout! I just wanted to say CONGRATS on your weight loss.. You have accomplished a lot!