weight lifting

Options
How come the calories and time for weight lifting aren't added to my daily total? I'd like a guess of how many calories and to have an accorate time for my daily workouts. Anyone know how to fix this?

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    How come the calories and time for weight lifting aren't added to my daily total? I'd like a guess of how many calories and to have an accorate time for my daily workouts. Anyone know how to fix this?

if you look for strength or weightlifting under cardio exercises, you will get a token number of calories for your weightlifting.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

if you look for strength or weightlifting under cardio exercises, you will get a token number of calories for your weightlifting.

this..... or wear an HRM and enter it in yourself
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options

this..... or wear an HRM and enter it in yourself
    ugn, how are people still not getting this. HRM's do NOT work for resistance training. Or for ANYTHING aside from doing steady state cardio..
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    ugn, how are people still not getting this. HRM's do NOT work for resistance training. Or for ANYTHING aside from doing steady state cardio..

personally I think if you're weight training with dedication, you don't need to be scrutinizing your calories to the extent of logging excercise calories each day..........

i NEVER logged excercise calories.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'll try adding it under cardiovascular, see if that helps. Thanks
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    this

personally I think if you're weight training with dedication, you don't need to be scrutinizing your calories to the extent of logging excercise calories each day..........
    and this

IMO, if you are that concerned about burning calories so you can eat more or get into deficit or whatever else, you shouldn't be lifting. That's not why you lift. Do cardio to burn cals, lift to change how you look.

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

i NEVER logged excercise calories.

fist bump. Me neither man
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

IMO, if you are that concerned about burning calories so you can eat more to get into defict, you shouldn't be lifting. Do cardio to burn cals, lift to change how you look.

One of my favorite pieces of info from Wendler

"You can eat that final piece of pie and not count carbs because you just ran 20 hill sprints for the third time this week. "

I'd rather work my *kitten* off in the gym, and condition hard, than count calories anyday.