Midnight Snacking

I hav been doing IF (16:8) for a little over a week now and I'm loving it. I have actually noticed my body getting used to fasting now and im really enjoying the feeling....HOWEVER

Ok so it's close to midnight here (11pm) and for some reason a craving just came over me and before I knew it I was eating a homemade scone I had made earlier...so yeh I have broken my fast now and am dealing with a side of guilt....

I'm going to try and stretch my fast longer now but I doubt it will work as I'm always eagerly awaiting my first meal by about 1ish

Did anyone "accidentally" break their fast when they first started doing IF and if so how did you handle that "once off" pleasure...

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    You say you doubt the fast will work now........... What do you expect it to do?
  • NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    You say you doubt the fast will work now........... What do you expect it to do?

"I'm going to try and stretch my fast longer now but I doubt it will work as I'm always eagerly awaiting my first meal by about...."

I was actually expecting it to fix itself and wake up 8 hrs later to be 6 kilos lighter!

Lol I was curious if stretching the fast out longer was worth it...I wasn't expecting it to do anything

I was hoping to get some personal experiences on whether others had the same temptations in the early days of IF....Geeeez
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Sorry, I really didn't intend to sound snarky with my question. I just didn't know what you expected to gain by doing your fast or extending it. lol. Carry on.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Just go back to your regular schedule and don't think twice about it.