food diary question

Options
Hi everybody,

I've been wondering. For most of the time I manage to stay under my calorie goal for the day (If I go over it's never for more than 70 kcal), but I never manage to stay under the macro stuff I always go over (usually proteins and carbs). Can anyone tell me how bad is that? Will it influence my weight loss in any way?

Help?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    If your goal is simply weight loss then staying under or around your calorie goal will get you there. Going over on protein is a good thing because MFP sets its default protein level too low and protein helps you limit muscle loss while losing weight. You can adjust your macro goals to whatever you want them to be.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Most people should be going over on protein. And fats. Carbs are the big gray area, for a few reasons. At the end of the day, as long as you are under on cals, you shoud lose weight assuming no over arching health issues.
  • calajane
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty healthy (if you disregard being overweight) and there are no preexisting conditions (though I have a family history of a variety of illnesses).

Thank you so much for replying, it does make me relax a little, stress always makes me hungry, so yay no stress about that particular subject!