• ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    So happy to see you back and doing it!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Water.

When you work out a muscle, what happens is a bunch of tiny little rips and tears are made in it. These need repairing. Instead of pulling it back together, the body just fills in the holes with more muscle. This is why muscle grows when doing strength training and various other exercises.

In order to do this, the body needs extra water, since water is how everything in us moves around. So, it places a bunch of water in and around the muscle so that it can work on them.

You've gained some water weight.

^^ This. Be patient. Did you gain all that weight in a week? Don't expect to lose it that fast. There will be weeks you don't lose, weeks you lose a little, weeks you lose a lot. Honestly and consistency is what it takes. You will get there.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Yes! It just happened to me. Started Power 90 on Jan 11th. Stayed within my calories and did not miss a workout. By day 14 I had gained 3lbs. But I am sooo glad I took measurements because I had lost 1 inch on my belly and .5 on my hips (my 2 biggest worry areas) So I was relieved!
    As of today. Day 21 I am back down in weight. I have lost 2.5 of the 3 gain and 2 inches down on belly and 1 full inch on hip. Cant wait for my official 30 day mark in 9 days!!
    Take measurements! It saved me from throwing in the towel!:smile::happy:
  • Abigailmr
    Abigailmr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is tough going by the scale. You need to go with how you feel. Its a slow process. Weight usually fluctuates give or take 5lb anyways. don't give up, .
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Don't give up....keep doing what you're doing and it will all come in time.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    oh and another change I made. I upped my calories to 1250 from 1200 and I eat all my calories burned so that I net the full 1250 consumed. That seems to have jump started the weight loss. MFP says I should eat 1200 but I just dont feel it was enough. And although 50 calories a day increase doesnt seem like much it helped