Best major airline for a 7 hr flight?

Options
I am a dedicated JetBlue flyer, but I'm heading to to multiple destinations where Jetblue does not fly. :( I'm staring at my options with the main carriers: American Airlines, United, Delta, US Airways.

Imagine me coming from Jetblue with its luxuriously big leather seats, plenty of leg room, with personal satellite TV so I can indulge in Bravo for 7 hours, unlimited awesome snacks and free checked bag....

Now which of those four is going to make me the most happy in economy? Nicest, comfiest seats? TV? Decent food? Friendliest flight attendants?

I've got a couple of 7 hour flights here or else I wouldn't be contemplating this as hard as I am...

ADVICE!

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Virgin America. Or any Virgin brand.
  • sarah6336
    sarah6336 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Delta. They are great... Although you only get food if you are flying very far. Try to pack snacks.
  • browi
    browi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    United First class is good.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    None. That trip is probably going to be uncomfortable with whichever carrier you fly with.

I've done the trans-atlantic flights a couple of times and my only reprieve was a good book or MP3 player to allow myself to pretend I was somewhere else.
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    United First class is good.
    Gold Status crew :smile:
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've only flown Delta and KLM on international flights... Delta was definately more comfortable and roomier on the space... but you didn't have your own individual TV like you did on KLM... If you fly delta though... bring plenty of things to keep yourself entertained.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've had great experiences with KLM & Quantas.

JM
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    I flew from Maryland to Hawaii on United and they were awesome!! When I make that same trip again I will definitely be choosing them! The flight attendants were nice, the meals were pretty good for being airline food and they played some good movies
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If Emirates is an option go for it! Love them!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    Options
    I friggin LOVE **I MEAN LOVE** delta airlines. My hubby works for the airline industry and we get flight benefits through 5 airlines and my favorite is delta.

The absolute worse was United. Hate them.

The delta flight I took from Salt Lake to Seattle one time had your own TV.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Iberia - cafe, te, VINO?!? Wine, wine, more wine....and hot spanish chicks. Well, that's how it USED to be at least...many years ago...
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I friggin LOVE **I MEAN LOVE** delta airlines. My hubby works for the airline industry and we get flight benefits through 5 airlines and my favorite is delta.

The absolute worse was United. Hate them.

The delta flight I took from Salt Lake to Seattle one time had your own TV.

Many of the Delta planes now have individual TV's, particularly for international flights. International also comes with food and cocktails in the ticket price. If it is an overnight flight, take some benadryl or sleep aid and don't sweat the entertainment. Else I download a few books to my Kindle.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Iberia - cafe, te, VINO?!? Wine, wine, more wine....and hot spanish chicks. Well, that's how it USED to be at least...many years ago...
    Iberia to Madrid was awesome.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you're going....and if its 1st class or not.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I flew to Italy on United last year and the seats were so-so. 1st class was twice the price so I stuck with my business class seat, but I did make sure my husband got seats in the "two seat row" so we could sit by ourselves. This year I am flying on Delta to London and I am hoping I will be able to sleep on the plane.

Be sure to pack earbuds incase there is a crying baby on board. The plane will provide pillows and blankets, but my pillow kept falling every time I started to nod off so I would pack a neck pillow. The inflatable ones are great because you can deflate them when you aren't using them. I tried taking sleeping pills on the plane, but they didn't help and I was exhausted when we finally reached Venice.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    1) Virgin
    2) BA

Although I believe some of the Asian airlines are also very good (just never flown on them).
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I like Delta for the long ones, but make sure you get the bigger planes that have TVs on the back of the headrest!
  • remembertheharddrive
    Options
    I'm going Boston to San Antonio and then San Antonio to San Juan.

So all Domestic.

My work is buying, so it's only Economy class.

And those 4 I listed were the only airlines offering flights through Egencia that I'm able to book.

Delta
    United
    US Airways
    American
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I prefer United fromr the choices given.

Delta is nice, however I've had no luck with them. As a friend once told me: Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport. I've had so many flight cancellations and delays, then got bumped. I used to fly a lot, but after some horrible experiences with Delta, and their inconsiderate staff, I've opted to drive whenever possible.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    United.