Want a burger Bad

Options
I have been craving a hamburger ( bbq) mmmmmmmm, but my husband is not eating any red meat, he is craving the burger too lol
any suggestions to get our burger fix!

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers work, but they are not as good as regular hamburger. Cook them and then top with your favorite fixings. When I crave a burger I have gone back to burgers made with lean beef. Turkey was not doing it for me, but who knows maybe you will like them. I have tried the veggies burgers, but again they don't really do it when craving a hamburger.
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    TURKEY BURGERS!!!!! with Whole Grain Buns, all the veggies, and even 2% American cheese.. MUSTARD!!! Very Yummy, and you can even bake some Sweet Potato fries!!!

Good Luck!!! I hope you tackle your cravings!!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    TURKEY BURGERS!!!!! with Whole Grain Buns, all the veggies, and even 2% American cheese.. MUSTARD!!! Very Yummy, and you can even bake some Sweet Potato fries!!!

Good Luck!!! I hope you tackle your cravings!!!

mmmmmmm, sounds good!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger you want, account for it, and maybe add some extra exercise in before or after it.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am having a burger tonight, you need to try the Morningstar spicy black bean burgers!!! they are sooo good and really, really good with sweet potato fries. Your hubby may even like them, they're meatless :wink:

oh and they are 120 calories, 4 grams of fat!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Ever had a buffalo burger?
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You could always use ground turkey. I don't love ground turkey burgers - I don't mind ground turkey in soups and chilis where there are a lot of spices but when I want a burger, I want a REAL burger, LOL. But I would get super lean ground beef for you and ground turkey for your hubby. For me I use the orowheat sandwich thins for my burgers. Put some cheese, avocado, mayo and ketchup and I'm good! It's really not all that bad made at home with a few little tweaks. :)
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    google boca burgers. you can get them at your local grocery store and they are pretty inexpensive. taste good. and come in a variety of flavors, spicy, flame grilled etc. they make em at like 100cal a piece and have 17 g of protein and like no fat
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    great suggestions!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    morning star makes a Grillers Prime, savory grilled prime burger flavor, veggie style 170 calories :bigsmile:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    turkey burgers are wonderful... and i love black bean burgers from chili's... add a little salsa, and oh my goodness... delish!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I like ground turkey with almost like a puree of either chickpeas or black beans! Depending on the bean you can spice accordingly (black beans=southwest and chicpea=middle eastern) And I like the arnold buns! And you can make some nummy low call sauces out of low fat yogurt for each!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    morning star makes a Grillers Prime, savory grilled prime burger flavor, veggie style 170 calories :bigsmile:

Those are my favorite, especially when they are cooked on the grill. Yum!! I usually top mine with a wedge of laughing cow cheese instead of using mayo and regular cheese. So good!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Veggie burgers are all well & good (had a tomato basil patty for lunch today), but if you want BEEF (I know hubs doesn't, but if YOU do), get some 96% lean. It has fewer calories for 4 ounces than a 2 ounce veggie burger.

Mince some onions & mix them with the beef before cooking & they'll help keep it moist.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Veggie burgers. Once you have all your vegetable toppings on it, you won't know it's not meat.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I second veggie burgers. They're 10 times better than meat burgers. I eat veggie burger patties straight out of the fridge after gym because they've got pretty much the same macro nutrient profile (calories, carb, protein, fat) as a protein bar, except they typically have lots of iron, b vitamins and other stuff.

If you're putting tomato, lettuce, beetroot, onion (spring onion is best cause it doesn't need to be cooked) and tomato sauce on it as well, you wont really be able to taste the difference anyway (which is a shame because its much better).
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I am having a burger tonight, you need to try the Morningstar spicy black bean burgers!!! they are sooo good and really, really good with sweet potato fries. Your hubby may even like them, they're meatless :wink:

oh and they are 120 calories, 4 grams of fat!

I've had these!! It's been a quite some time - put your lettuce / onion / pickles .... oh so good! :flowerforyou: Now I'm going to have to add THIS to my grocery list... LOL :laugh:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can get the very lean ground beef - I use the 95 or 96% lean ground beef, and one of those Arnold's sandwich thins (only 100 calories) and top it with some lettuce and salsa. You can even use Weight Watcher's american cheese slices (only 45 calories) if you need your cheese fix. The 95 or 96% lean ground beef has just as much fat and protein as ground turkey, but to me the beef tastes better.
  • DarklyLove
    Options
    BOCA BURGERS. :D they are amazing!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    morning star farms tomato basil pizza burgers...THE BOMB! especially if you grill them or cook them in a frying pan sprayed with oil. yum yum yum!

and i don't know where you live, but if you really want beef, go to in-n-out and order a hamburger "protein style"...it comes wrapped in lettuce instead of on a bun and it's only 220 calories that way!