diet soda brownie

Options
so i tried to make diet soda brownies. i just mixed a can of diet coke and 1pkg of duncan hines chewy fudge brownie mix and i baked according to packaging and extended cook time as recipes call for. the knife came out clean and they where beginning to become too crisp so i pulled em out. to my dismay when they cooled and after i cut them and pulled one out the bottom was somewhat gummy like and flabby. wtf

Replies

• Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hm.... Doesn't sound good. Maybe you have to do a lower temp for longer??

Was the flavor good and resemble a brownie??

I saw this one too- might try this sometime (from HungryGirl.com):

Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix + Diet Cream Soda = Perfect (& PRETTY!) Party Cake

PER SERVING (1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.5 fat, 306mg sodium, 36g carbs, <1g fiber, 23g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Cake mix and diet soda? Awesome. Pretty colors? Also awesome. Fat-slashed cake with beautiful dots of color? SIGN US UP! Stir together a can of diet cream soda with a box of Funfetti cake mix. Don't add ANY of the other stuff the box tells you to add... Just the soda. Then simply bake according to package instructions, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Hooray for gorgeous guilt-free cake!
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    it tasted pretty good. next time i will do a lower temp for about 1 1/2hrs. the first time i did 350 degrees for about 1hr. im going to reduce to 325 for 1hr 45min. and use diet dr pepper or diet cherry coke.
  • seelizrun
    seelizrun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    have you tried No Fudge Pudge Brownies? Its just the powder mix + nonfat vanilla yogurt. Its delicious and 2pts per square :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you all, I would just eat one small brownie, count it and make sure u eat good the rest of the day.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think the diet cola thing works better with chocolate cake mix....although it wouldn't be fudgy like a brownie. There is a thread on here for Black Bean brownies that supposedly taste a lot better than they sound and do come out with a typical brownie consistency. I know, I know, they sound gross, but everyone that's tried them on MFP raves about them! In fact I have heard about this recipe from someone at work that's on Weight Watchers.... If you just do a search on the message boards you can find it. Hopefully you'll have better luck next time :)
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I made the diet brownies also, only I added one egg white. They were delicious!!!! I did not put the whole can of diet coke in, but probably only about 3/4ths and baked as directed on the box. I honestly could NOT tell the difference.