in 5 weeks you'll weight ------ ibs

Options
Is it reliable? everyday i eat like 1400 calories with a deficit of 200/300 calories and it's always like "in 5 weeks you'll weight 54.5" but i'm worried cause i don't know can i weight even less than that?

Replies

• mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    All this really does is predict that if you eat the same way you did each day for 5 weeks that you will weigh ....... It is just an average i think to give you an idea of where you will be doing what you did that day...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Could be reliable - if you eat the same thing every day.

Personally, I think it would be better if it did the analysis by the week. A lot easier to make up for leftover cals.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    All this really does is predict that if you eat the same way you did each day for 5 weeks that you will weigh ....... It is just an average i think to give you an idea of where you will be doing what you did that day...

^^ This. It's just giving you a projected estimate of what you would weigh if you ate that exact same way every single day for 5 weeks. I think it's meant more to give you an idea of how that days calorie intake could affect your weight loss, or possible weight gain if you go in the red enough one day.
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered this myself. I've even thought of writing down the predictions and checking later to see how accurate they are. BUT, knowing that all days AREN'T exactly the same, at least mine aren't, I don't think it would be right on the money. However, I've definitely lost, and have passed my goal weight and continued to lose using MFP. I recommend it to people all the time. It's been a valuable tool - having it there in front of me and seeing the calories, exercise, and progress. :smile: