Bartering protein powder for a meal?

Options
Ok, this morning i found a protein poder in my cupboard, it says it is used to compromise for a meal but im not sure if it will change my body somehow or make it think i am starving it, so if anyone is taking protein powder and using it instead of eating say lunch or something can you please tell me how well it works! thanks...:smile:

Replies

• kitteerae
    kitteerae Posts: 65
    Options
    Ok, this morning i found a protein poder in my cupboard, it says it is used to compromise for a meal but im not sure if it will change my body somehow or make it think i am starving it, so if anyone is taking protein powder and using it instead of eating say lunch or something can you please tell me how well it works! thanks...:smile:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a gentleman that i work with who is like a health nut I dont know exactly what his other job is but he meets with people to discuss their diet and even does a meal plan for them...he actually recommends protein powder preferably at breakfast though with a piece of fruit or even cereal he recommends a powder called Syntha-6 you can find it at GNC. Hope this helps
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    There are two types: supplement powder (which you mix with other stuff) and meal replacements, which you usually just mix with water or juice.

I often substitute a protein shake for a meal, adding protein powder to a smoothie.

The calorie content will tell you what kind it is. supplement powder is usually around 100 calories a serving but meal replacement is closer to 300.

It depends on how your body psychologically reacts to food, too. I know some people drink calories, and don't feel like they've eaten, so then they eat more calories. My brain seems at peace that liquid calories are calories, too, and a serious (300-400 calories) protein shake satisfies me.