2013 miles in 2013

Options
too big of a challenge or should I go for it :) I'm not a beginner runner, completed 4 half marathons last year and several 5ks. Just wanted some thoughts :) Thanks!

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm 5.5 miles per day on average and an experienced runner...you could do it no probs, especially if you go injury free!

GO FOR IT!!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    An average of just under 39 miles per week spread over 5 or 6 days running per week sounds pretty manageable for an experienced runner.

You mentioned several halfs & 5Ks last year......how long have you been running for?
  • bmcmforfun
    Options
    I feel this is an awesome idea! If I were an experienced runner I would join your challenge. You CAN DO THIS! Go for it! I want to become a better runner this year. One of my goals for 2013 is to complete a half marathon in October 2013. So I am getting more focused now. I would love to follow you on this journey and see you complete it or even beat it Dec 31, 2013. I am excited for you:bigsmile:
    Carol
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've been running 2,200 - 2,400+ for the last 5 or 6 years now. It just sort of happened that way, as I was doing 2 or 3 marathons a year. I found by keeping weekly long run up ~ 14 or 16, I could ramp for a marathon pretty quickly. I generally run 6-7 days a week, with rest as needed.

My only advice would be to focus on the running and not the mileage goal. Arbitrary running goals (time or mileage) don't always work out well.

Good luck and happy running!