Options
evelynfarmer
evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
Talapia recipes pls

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I usually just put them in an egg wash and then bread them with a combination of bread crumbs (homemade are better IMO), italian seasoing and parmesan cheese. Cook at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. It's a family favorite.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I always sprinkle mine with salt-free greek seasoning and Parmesan cheese and throw on the george foreman... Delish and ready to eat in just a few minutes!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I put lemon pepper on mine a bake
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is to lightly spray them with Pam, sprinkle some salt and pepper, drizzle a little lemon juice, then wrap in foil and bake. So yummy and super easy to make and virtually no clean up :D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

That sounds fantastic!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle w/cajun seasoning and add a lil evoo and broil 7 minutes. Its to die for!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just had this for the last week. We baked it with a salmon seasoning, salt and pepper and bit of olive oil and butter to keep them from drying out. I love parmsean crusted tilapia to. Add parm and bread crumbs to the top (saves some calories) and bake. YUM
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle mrs. dash lemon pepper seasoning and bake them. tons of flavor, no extra calories or salt.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I spread a little Kraft Calorie Wise mayo on them, then sprinkle some low-fat parmesean cheese and broil. Serve with lemon wedges. Yum!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I usually just put them in an egg wash and then bread them with a combination of bread crumbs (homemade are better IMO), italian seasoing and parmesan cheese. Cook at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. It's a family favorite.

Bump to try this recipe later
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just made some last night.. A little salt and pepper, dust with some flour (gluten flour for me) and then pan sear in pistachio oil.. Very good stuff.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle on some seasoned salt and southwest chipotle Mrs Dash and then broil. Takes like 7 minutes, just enough time to steam some veggies in the microwave.
  • soliddreams
    Options
    little bit of lemon juice, Mrs Dash, and some cayenne pepper and ginger. toss it in the pan and cook it, takes about 5-10 minutes.
  • classc1
    classc1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I pan fry/saute everything I can to avoid turning on the oven. So I use just enough evoo to make the food not stick to the pan, then top with whatever spices sound good at the time. This a very convenient way to cook because you can saute veggies at the same time. I think asparagus goes nicely with talapia.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Put each fillet on parchment paper and top with onion slices, tomatoes slices, a little lemon juice, and seasonings of your choice (I used an Italian mix). If you're feeling wild and crazy, add a dab of butter. Fold the parchment paper into a packet around the fish and baked for 15 - 20 minutes.

It cooks beautifully and makes a really nice presentation on the dinner table.

BE CAREFUL when you open up the packet, there will be lots of steam.