What music is everyone listening to?

Options
2»

Replies

• fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    At 37 years old I've recently started attending concerts and have been listening to the bands I go to see.

Irish punk band Flogging Molly is my favorite. They put on an awesome live show. Great up tempo music that just makes me feel good.

Social Distortion is getting a lot of play time after seeing them last month and I'm listening to a lot of Dropkick Murphy's in prep for an upcoming show.

Old Crow Medicine Show and the Lumineers have a similar sound to Mumford and Sons and sound great live.

After seeing them live I've become fans of a couple lesser known opening acts. Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears blew me away. They a Hendrix guitar vide with lots of feedback combined with James Brown type vocals with some jazz tones from the three saxophone players in the band.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UxlBzG6avHY

Another opener that I'm really liking now is Lindi Ortega. She's been described as a child of Johnny Cash and Nancy Sinatra. Kind of country/rock-a-billy with a great voice and 50s pinup beauty. Worth a listen.
    http://lindiortega.com/video_types/official-videos/
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora radio on my phone a LOT...so my favorite stations to listen to for working out are:

Dada Life (electronic dance music)
    Andy Mineo (Christian rap...but it's legit. I swear.)
    Today's Hits (I know I know...but I like the poppy/upbeat stuff when I'm working out. I rarely listen to it any other time.)
    Zombie chaser just introduced me to Imagine Dragons and what I've heard so far I like a lot. I think they might become a new favorite too.

Imagine Dragons are so good too!!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I listen to a bit of a mix when I workout. I use pandora, and the stations I go between are:
    Ringside (one of my favvvvve bands that I just discovered, looove!)
    Brad Sucks
    Dragonette
    Peaches
    The Heavy
    Spoon
    Amanda Blank
    Bangkok Five

I rarely get songs or bands that I dislike with any of them, so that always makes my day :)
  • GluttonousGirl
    GluttonousGirl Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Primus
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Some old school songs from the "Rad" soundtrack. lol

Nice. Umm...Break the Ice? Send Me An Angel? Get Strange? :happy:

Back on topic...

NOFX
    Green Day
    Me First & the Gimme Gimmies
    Social Distortion
    Minor Threat
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Nine Inch Nail's "Downward Spiral" is just angry and dark enough to get you pumped the *kitten* up. That one's a favorite among the other albums.

Tool
    Deftones
    Incubus
    Puscifer
    A Perfect Circle

And then sometimes I just like the Fit Radio top 40 list. Guilty pleasure.

I wish I could find all the songs my Zumba instructor uses...they're fun!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Oh, and Gorillaz.

I also have a 90's Pandora station. Good stuff.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    A few months back, a friend in England introduced me to Frank Turner. His music is British folk-rock with a hint of Celtic to it. If you enjoy things like The Levelers or Mumford and Sons, you'll probably love him. It's his lyrics I like the most, every song is genuinely inspiring - makes me want to just get up and live a good, optimistic, common-sense life. There's plenty of videos of him on Youtube if anyone is interested.

Zombie chaser just introduced me to Imagine Dragons and what I've heard so far I like a lot. I think they might become a new favorite too.

Other than that, just about everything I listen to is old. Pearl Jam, Maiden, Sepultura, Slayer, Foo fighters, Incubus, Pantera, Skunk Anansie...

I love Frank Turner and love that someone else mentioned Old Crow Medicine Show. Totally my type of music :)
  • Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm at work listening to Holiday Jamz Radio on IHeart Radio :smile:
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Nickelback, Muse or Robbie Williams. Depends on my mood.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Vocaloid.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    For working out (pulling up my playlist now):

Volbeat
    Karmin
    Beastie Boys
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Black eyed Peas
    Seether
    Theory of a Dead Man
    Alex Clare
    The Black Keys

Right now...90s reloaded on Pandora.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The Lumineers...

The best band you're probably not listening to.
  • PeiEnWu
    Options
    classical music~