CrossFit Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Cross fit is literally the degradation of society. Cross fitters believe that they are "superior" to everyone because they crossfit and they are "Paleo". There is such an arrogance that comes with crossfit. Anyone that says they aren't arrogant and they do crossfit is lying. Every person who does cross fit looks at everyone else as weaker and that they exercising right. This is a fad, much like every other exercise program and diet. I cannot wait until the day this "movement" passes.
    Agreed!

I am definitley not arrogant. I just want to work through this rut. It looks fun so I'm willing to give it a shot. Not eveyone who does it is 'superior.' At the end of each workout we're all going to be the same. Wore out! :-)

If you haven't done crossfit ever, then this does not apply to you
  • Rage23
    Options
    My wife and I to WENT to Crossfit Life Sport in Toledo Ohio a few years back and the guy and members were all high and mighty. they pushed paleo down your throat and told us we was better then everyone else and talked about the global gym sucking and blah blah blah. We was there for 9 months then I couldn't take it anymore and just left him with 3 months of my membership money. that's $225 per month for 2 people. Todd the owner drove us away with his arrogant ego. It was a nightmare. just this past February my wife and I got fat again. We tried another Crossfit gym to try it out. The gym owner was so down to earth and the people are real people. The nicest group of friendly people to be around. there encouraging and everything you could ask for. 1 month later we brought our chubby14 year old daughter to the gym. Its a great environment to have her in. NOT like the first gym. She went from playing the wii laying down to dead-lifting 155 lbs and shoulder pressing 55lbs. she can do all the Olympic lifts with ok form. still learning. rig dips, pullups with a band, she just got done doing 120 situps about an hour ago. so yes some crossfits can and will suck but then the next one might come out to feel like a real family. we made a lot of friends and its the best decision ive made. if the first gym didn't work out try the next. It does work even for the fattest of fat. We now pay $200 for 3 people at this gym. Soooo hi my name is Mike I crossfit and i don't eat paleo, if you do any workout.... good for you and keep up the good work. anything is better then nothing. that's what this crosssfit gym has taught me. http://www.facebook.com/CrossfitToledo?fref=ts
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Not something for a person who is not in good shape to start.

I don't know... I was in pretty terrible shape when I started CrossFit - couldn't run more than 15 seconds, could hardly lift any weight. Just start slow, make sure you have good coaches, and if something doesn't feel right, stop. No different than any other type of exercise. I never felt pressured to do anything I didn't feel capable of doing, but I really think that the way CrossFit is set up (classes, community, supervision) has made a huge difference in my health and self-confidence. Nothing to lose by at least checking it out.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you like group classes and a little bit of competitiveness and camaraderie, then you might like crossfit.

yes, there are bad crossfit boxes out there, and people with bad form, but then again their are people at my gym with bad form out there too.

a good crossfit box will tell you to take the basics class that is 2-3 weeks long and teaches you the moves and the lingo. more then my globo gym did for me.

yes, it can be expensive, but i looked at class based exercise studios in my neighborhood. kickboxing, martial arts, boot camp, whatever. it was all roughly the same price.

to call an entire group of people arrogant and the downfall of society is pretty well... arrogant in and of itself.
  • jwarren575
    jwarren575 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    try it. you might like it you might hate. i personally love it

I agree!! Love it lots!!! works fairly quickly and helps you to learn that your limits are merely in your head.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    anything will work if it's intense enough. The most important thing is that your workout routines vary.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My wife and I to WENT to Crossfit Life Sport in Toledo Ohio a few years back and the guy and members were all high and mighty. they pushed paleo down your throat and told us we was better then everyone else and talked about the global gym sucking and blah blah blah. We was there for 9 months then I couldn't take it anymore and just left him with 3 months of my membership money. that's $225 per month for 2 people. Todd the owner drove us away with his arrogant ego. It was a nightmare. just this past February my wife and I got fat again. We tried another Crossfit gym to try it out. The gym owner was so down to earth and the people are real people. The nicest group of friendly people to be around. there encouraging and everything you could ask for. 1 month later we brought our chubby14 year old daughter to the gym. Its a great environment to have her in. NOT like the first gym. She went from playing the wii laying down to dead-lifting 155 lbs and shoulder pressing 55lbs. she can do all the Olympic lifts with ok form. still learning. rig dips, pullups with a band, she just got done doing 120 situps about an hour ago. so yes some crossfits can and will suck but then the next one might come out to feel like a real family. we made a lot of friends and its the best decision ive made. if the first gym didn't work out try the next. It does work even for the fattest of fat. We now pay $200 for 3 people at this gym. Soooo hi my name is Mike I crossfit and i don't eat paleo, if you do any workout.... good for you and keep up the good work. anything is better then nothing. that's what this crosssfit gym has taught me. http://www.facebook.com/CrossfitToledo?fref=ts

Is that the Crossfit place where the owner was just murdered?
  • Rage23
    Options

Is that the Crossfit place where the owner was just murdered?

yes it is. Joe was an amazing guy. The guys just got caught today. it seem that they went to the wrong building or something. Were still waiting on more details. We have another guy taking over.
  • Linds_Joy
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like I will be working my butt off next week. I'm really excited to try it!
  • Rage23
    Options
    Don't try to keep up with the guys that have been there a wile. scale the weight and the moments and you will do fine. If you get in a good gym, you will have a new family.