Kill my over attachment to food!

Options
I have had two surgeries wrist and foot in the past 6 months, and have plantar fascia, and b/c of this, and loss of determination I am slowly going up in weight. I was doing yoga and power sculpting prior to this, and was 10 pounds thinner. I am slowly recovering and still cannot exercise as much as I'd like, but I am no longer willing to use this as an excuse. So this experience of gaining, has brought my eating habits to the forefront and I am determined to record my food b/c in the past it brought me to my goal weight 128 - my picture.

Replies

• wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    good for you! I have plantar as well and know how hard it makes moving around. Do you have access to a pool and water exercise? it's very helpful.

Best wishes as you begin this journey!
  • zoeygl
    zoeygl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    actually i could do water aerobics! thanks for the idea... I am in PT and think I will do some modified yoga today...
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    My pops had Plantar... He fell off a 20 foot ladder and broke his heels last year... Now no plantar... Problem solved.. and no I am not kidding..
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    My mother has PF.....she uses KT tape to manage it and find it works awesome.

She has a very active job as a nurse in a busy hospital...

http://www.kttape.com/store/?gclid=CPTWxdrDhrQCFcsWMgodJkUAsQ
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have had two surgeries wrist and foot in the past 6 months, and have plantar fascia, and b/c of this, and loss of determination I am slowly going up in weight. I was doing yoga and power sculpting prior to this, and was 10 pounds thinner. I am slowly recovering and still cannot exercise as much as I'd like, but I am no longer willing to use this as an excuse. So this experience of gaining, has brought my eating habits to the forefront and I am determined to record my food b/c in the past it brought me to my goal weight 128 - my picture.

Can I give an honest response or would you prefer a canned overly positive response?
  • SylentZee
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I followed whatever it said for losing 2lbs a week. Some days I'd find myself a lot and I mean A LOT hungrier then others. I tried experimenting with things that I knew would keep me full for longer amounts of time. Over the year and a half that I've been using MFP, I've found things that I enjoy eating that are not only healthy but keep me from running to the fridge in hour later.

Try cutting servings in half, for instance, if you making a sandwich and you use mayo. Normally a serving is 1 tablespoon, some people put mayo on both sides of the bread, avoid this. Use only one side and maybe 1/2 a tablespoon. You don't have to STARVE yourself or anything like that but things like mayo, soda, even some juices can be avoided.

Your trips to the supermarket can help a great deal too. Pick up fat-free milk, cheese, frozen yogurt instead of Ben and Jerry's, etc. Stick to whole wheat bread, brown rice, and find healthy carbs. Finding healthier recipes online might point you in the right direction as well.

Hope this somewhat helps, feel free to add me.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Can I give an honest response or would you prefer a canned overly positive response?

What I have found is if you really want it enough you will cut out the bad food. Exercise is great but it's only one part (and the much lesser part) of the equation. If you don't want it bad enough you will talk about cutting out the bad food.....seek input.....etc. but not actually do anything about it. We all go through it. (I have had 2 servings of reese's pieces so far today) and when you are really ready to get it back on track you will.....Till then, try as we might, we probably won't be much help.