Zumba Core Cals Burned- ?

Options
Ok, I love this game for the songs (especially jump, jive and wail) but although I know I am burning a ton of calories, it said I burned 404 after 7 songs... does that sound right? I know there are many of you that are having the same issues. I feel like I probably burned close to it but afraid to eat back all of those calories, even a fraction of them.

I seemed to lose all my weight when I was doing the treadmill and weights and not really burning more than 180 calories than now when I am burning wayyyy more calories with zumba and not losing anything! Very weird.....

all that said, I still love this game and love dancing!

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a hrm while doing this or just going by what the game says? If you are relying solely on what the game says, I would be skeptical. Sounds awfully high for probably less than 30 minutes total time.
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I burn around 550 calories an hour with Zumba (according to MFP), but I still need to buy a heart monitor to know for sure. I've read a lot of posts about people burning thousands of calories with Zumba in an hour, but it all depends on the person. I lost 10lbs with weights and eliptical/treadmill also, and since starting more of a cardio workout plan (I love Zumba core!), I haven't lost anything. I haven't gained either. I asked my fitness coach and she said that it is possible to stay the same weight but lose fat. I have been getting compliments about how I look thinner and more toned but the scale has stayed the same. At this point, I really don't care what the scale says if I am toned and fit and am happy with myself, but I am not quite there yet!

I love dancing and Zumba is a great workout!