Warrior Dash 2013

Options
13»

Replies

• crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When I did WD last year there were guys that were done in 21 minutes! No clue how they pulled it off, but wow!

there was a lot of hills so I would suggest do some hill running to prepare..
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I did OR's Warrior Dash for the first time last year which prompted my journey to lose weight. I don't know what city you are doing it in but what killed me was all the constant HILLS, the obstacles weren't even bad! The one thing I wished I had trained more was my endurance/stamina by running hills WAY more leading up to the event.

I'm totally doing it again this year, hoping to shave off a good amount of time!

This was the "extremely hilly course" I was talking about in my post :)
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did the Warrior Dash last year for fun after doing the Mudder. We went in the noon wave and the people in front of us really slowed us down so go early. We ended up running just under an 8 minute mile pace because we caught up to a bunch of people.
    The obstacles weren't that much. (remember, we did the Mudder before this) they were basically getting over, under or through something so be strong enough to do so. It was basically a breather from the semi- fast pace.
    I would suggest, for training, interval runs because that's all you get. There's an obstacle every 1/4 to 1/2 mile so you're going to have to have a fast pace between each one to be in the top 3.
    Good luck!
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    the only hold-ups with obstacels are waiting for ppl to move through, they are not difficult at all. Work on Hill Runs. I did one last June in Ohio and the first 1.25 miles were straight uphill. of course the middle mile was a down hill mudslide, which can't really be trained for :) the top finisher of that weekend finished 3.5 miles in 17minutes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!