Sweating more??

Options
I've lost almost 30 pounds. When I was 30 pounds heavier I never use to sweat, only when I was doing active things. Now I will be sitting in class and sweating, not even a little...a lot. My friend came into class to talk to me and I was sweating so bad he asked me if I was about to pass out or something. I am just kind of confused about this and if anyone has any idea why it happens i'd really like to know.

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Do you work out before class? If so, it could just be your heat from moving to class then stopping and your body heat getting trapped inside.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, kind of. When I first started working out, I didn't sweat as much. Now that I've reached my goal weight (also losing 30 lbs.) I sweat sooooo much when I'm at the gym. I've even tried the clinical strength deodorant- doesn't work so well.

No clue why.
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    @KrazyAsianNic that particular day that my friend asked me I had worked out. It's not only after workouts though. I get so hot at night now to I sleep with my fan right on my bed because it gets that bad.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    @KrazyAsianNic that particular day that my friend asked me I had worked out. It's not only after workouts though. I get so hot at night now to I sleep with my fan right on my bed because it gets that bad.

Okay. I know, I'm always hot and I practically sleep with no blankets.

I wonder if it could also just be better circulation. I mean, when losing weight your circulation gets better, resulting in with blood reaching everywhere faster...

Just running with ideas that jump off my head.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Have you been lifting heavy and put on lean mass?
    Or have you boosted your iron intake?
    Both contribute to why men are often much warmer than women.
    It sounds like you have boosted your base metabolism rate which is a good thing.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Actually for me it has been the opposite.. I was always really sweaty before I started working out/loosing weight. Now I just sweat during my workout which is fine because I shower after.. and then I am actually colder then before. I don't just sweat all the time anymore which is great.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Actually for me it has been the opposite.. I was always really sweaty before I started working out/loosing weight. Now I just sweat during my workout which is fine because I shower after.. and then I am actually colder then before. I don't just sweat all the time anymore which is great.

this is the same for me.....

But chances are the reason you weren't sweating before is because you weren't properly hydrated (you can only sweat out what you put in) .....
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have since I started heavy lifting! I was one that NEVER broke a sweat. Now I am always dying of heat!
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies... I don't think it's cuz i was dehydrated because I have always been a fan of water but the metabolism makes sense...I use to skip a lot of meals. Recently decided to eat all my meals even though I keep it at 1200 cals a day. It has help me lose weight a lot easier
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    it could be because of hormones. When you lose fat it releases a bunch of hormones into your body which not only affect things like hair and skin, but can also affect your temperature control (kind of like women who just gave birth or are going through menopause)