interesting TOM information...

EmilyStrick
EmilyStrick Posts: 267
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i suspected this was true and figured i'd post what i found since there are so many posts related to this:

"A few days before and during the time you are menstruating, you do burn more calories due to the additional cellular activity taking place internally. Some female metabolisms may increase up to 15% during this time due to hormonal changes and loss of blood. The increase in metabolism can lead to an increase in appetite in order to compensate for the greater calorie burn (in the same manner that as exercise can lead to an increase in hunger), which is why some women tend to eat more or crave different foods during this time of the month. Cravings can also be caused by the hormonal changes that affect taste or thought processes. Additionally, certain foods can help sooth difficult times, thus leading to different or unusual food choices."

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Interesting!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    Yes very interesting.. I dropped my jaw at one point... it all makes sense now! lol
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    :noway:
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Just considering personal experience I'd agree with that.

Could you link us to the studies that you found showing this, it would be interesting to read them in full.

Also while on this general topic

Calcium, Magnesium and to some degree low fat = good and

caffine, high sugar and high fat = bad regarding negative side effects related to this...
This discussion has been closed.