Olympics Commercials

Options
mamaturner
mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
I didn't know where to put this, is anyone else getting annoyed with the McDonald's commercial stating that the Olympians eat there. What a bunch of crap. Talk about a vicious cycle, teaching kids that if they want to be like their role models they should eat deep fried parts of chicken reformed... oh buy you get a spicy sweet sauce now... pretty disheartening

Replies

• Questfor250
    Options
    yeah, i had to laugh, yeah right, when I saw that. I do have to admit the Coke snowball fight commercial is classy and very good though.
  • mamaturner
    Options
    yeah, i had to laugh, yeah right, when I saw that. I do have to admit the Coke snowball fight commercial is classy and very good though.

haha, yes I just saw it.. it was very funny
  • gym_rat
    Options
    Did you see on the last episode of The Biggest Loser what some of the olympic athletes eat at the training camp in Colorado? One of them, I guess, is trying to put on weight and his lunch alone was 1,200 calories!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I saw that gym rat and gasped! I couldn't believe in one meal what I eat in a day! Completely shocking!!!
  • mamaturner
    Options
    wow, that makes me kinda sad, lol, I'm also at a 1270 a day as well. Although thinking about it I think if I ate that many calories in one sitting I'd get sick.
  • FitSeachely
    FitSeachely Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I guess the McD commercial is accurate when they say "I eat McD when I can". How often do you think they can?

I know what you mean and it's at least 2 of then every commercial block with different athletes... I'm thinking we have different ones than you do... talk about expensive marketing campaign
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like the bob sled at the pick up window, during the McD's commercial

For those who watched the Biggest Loser episode with the Olympians. The speed skater that worked out with them, was that the speed skater that came in third after Apollo Ohno?
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like the bob sled at the pick up window, during the McD's commercial

For those who watched the Biggest Loser episode with the Olympians. The speed skater that worked out with them, was that the speed skater that came in third after Apollo Ohno?
  • newnormal2010
    Options
    I think I remember from the last summer Olympics that they said Michael Phelps eats over 5000 calories a day when he's training hard or competing. At that level of training, they obviously can't afford not to eat their exercise calories! :laugh: