Cooking Light magazine opinions?

Options
Does anybody else out there get Cooking Light? Do you like it? I got my March issue in the mail today and see a lot of tasty sounding recipes, but they don't look all that light to me. Beef and Guinness Stew? Braised Short Ribs with Egg Noodles? Pork chops? This isn't really the way I am eating these days.

Replies

• mistrav
    mistrav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing while browsing through one at a local grocer. Needless to say I didn't buy it. You can cook much lighter and tastier on your own.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I grabbed a few at the Half-Price Books store the other day. I was actually impressed with the nutrition info they posted for their recipes--almost every one of the recipes in the issues I bought clocked in at 350 calories or less per serving. I like to have them around for ideas when I get bored with my usual stuff.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    if thats the type of thing that they are cooking and they are = 350 or under calories how big are the serving sizes??
  • leg8
    leg8 Posts: 49
    Options
    I like it!! I just bought it and have cooked a few meals already. It is light because the portions are not huge, but they're definitely not too small, and they incorporate reduced fat items. Last night I made the orange beef and broccoli dish and the serving size was 1 cup, which was plenty for me. If you're eating small meals throughout the day, you don't need a whopping huge serving for dinner anyway. I recommend it! Plenty of options, helps get the ideas rolling around in your mind, teaches you about portion sizes and how to make quick meals for under/around 400 calories!!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Love it!! They have a Baja Fish Taco that is out of this world!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Cooking Light! Even though there aren't tons of options for me (I'm a vegetarian), I get lots and lots of ideas from their recipes. I barely follow a recipe to a 'tee' - I always have to add my own twists, so I use most recipes as a guideline or an idea.