Will my breast cup size get smaller if i lose weight?

Options

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Most likely :(
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I only lost 25 but went down a cup size
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I went from a 38E to a 34C
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yes but is it really that big of a deal? Push up bra's work wonders for times you want enhancement. Breasts aren't impressive but nice lean legs or a toned but or a 6 pack are. You gotta work for those, boobs are God given. My boobs were never big on the smaller C side at my highest weight now they're small B's which suite me just fine. I'd rather a flat stomach then huge boobs.
  • gettinfit81
    Options
    Lost 30 pounds and went from a 36F down to a 34DD (and went for professional bra fittings for both those sizes).. really hoping to make it to a D32 like i was at 20, but doubt I will get there!!
  • FSL010
    FSL010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter?? loose weight, stay healthy, feel good and you will look good!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I'm 134 lbs and a C cup at this moment and i want to lose 19 pounds.. will my breast get smaller? is there anything to prevent that from happening? because i'm very happy with my breast size and i want to keep it that way :))

Depends on whether you have breasts made mostly of fat or mostly of mammary tissue. What is your body type?

I'm an hourglass and no matter my weight, my breasts remain the same size.

I'm the same way. I'm a 38DD. They have gotten a little bit smaller since losing weight, but not much. I wish they'd shrink some more.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 134 lbs and a C cup at this moment and i want to lose 19 pounds.. will my breast get smaller? is there anything to prevent that from happening? because i'm very happy with my breast size and i want to keep it that way :))

Depends on whether you have breasts made mostly of fat or mostly of mammary tissue. What is your body type?

I'm the same way. I'm a 38DD. They have gotten a little bit smaller since losing weight, but not much. I wish they'd shrink some more.
    Mine went up a cup size with my pregnancy and never went down again, even though I lost the weight pretty quickly after. :-( They were too big for my taste already, but after all these years I guess I've learned to live with them.

So, they got bigger once but otherwise have been exactly the same size whether I was a size 3 or a size 12. Blah.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Depends on how big they were pre-weight gain.

Also, if your waist and your hips get proportionally smaller as your breasts shrink, what does it matter?
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    From what I've read in previous threads, some women's breast size goes down, and sometimes it doesn't change at all. It really varies from person to person.

The plus is that if the rest of you is slimmer and your tummy sticks out less, it will increase how big your breasts look!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Mine shrunk 2 cup sizes but I'd take small boobs over being overweight any day.
  • RainbowSpeaks
    Options
    I've lost 20lb, what usually happens is you go down a band size and up a cup size. So lets say your a 36C, after losing weight your most likely gonna be a 34D
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on the person. And personally, I rather mine get a little smaller. Although if it's just the measuerments that go down, that's fine too.
  • cameronzmom
    cameronzmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine are slowly getting smaller and it stinks hardcore! yuck!
  • onewayoranother23
    onewayoranother23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I completely lost my boobs. It's so sad. :c
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction 2 months ago, because I could never lose weight in by breast! Best decision I have ever made. I am a 40c/d now. I was 38ddd, so I'm very happy!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Mine went up a cup size with my pregnancy and never went down again, even though I lost the weight pretty quickly after. :-( They were too big for my taste already, but after all these years I guess I've learned to live with them.

So, they got bigger once but otherwise have been exactly the same size whether I was a size 3 or a size 12. Blah.

Mine went right back to normal after having my son. When I gain weight they get a little bit larger, but I don't think anyone else would notice.

I get so sick of carrying them around. And I have bad posture because if I stand up straight I feel like I'm pointing my rack at everyone. :angry:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Mine went right back to normal after having my son. When I gain weight they get a little bit larger, but I don't think anyone else would notice.

I get so sick of carrying them around. And I have bad posture because if I stand up straight I feel like I'm pointing my rack at everyone. :angry:

I was a ballerina, so my posture is naturally really good. And while I don't really dance anymore, I do a lot of yoga (or I used to). When I was 19, I took a job waitressing at a small, family-owned place where a friend of mine worked.

The daughter was there my first day and I did everything she said and the best I could and she fired me. She said they just didn't really need me, but she told my friend that all I did was walk around sticking my boobs out all day. Jealous much? Geez!

But I'd rather have a straight back than that job, so ... lol It hasn't been an issue since.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Your cup size depends on the difference between your rib cage measurement and the measurement across the widest part of your breasts. Some people lose their breasts, others just in the ribs. Doing pushups and core exercises are really great. Tone and lose weight, it really helps. While I was losing weight last time, I lost weight mostly right over my ribs and upper stomach. I lost 6 inches around my waist and ribs while 2 around my breasts.
  • Lalamontour
    Options
    mine grew 2 sizes i was a c now i am a dd but my chest lost inches so it is a 34 dd now