Foods w/ just calories?

Options

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Maybe your goal is set to too few calories? Main thing is to eat 1lb protein for every lb of LBM.

That's a lot of protein. o__o I looked at a lean body mass calculator and it says ideally for me mine would be around 86lbs.
    I...I just don't think it's physically possible to eat 86lbs of meat in a day.
    I hope you meant grams of protein? O_O
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Alcohol.

Here Here:drinker:
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So what's everyone's highest protein?! Mine always ends up really high just so I use up my calories..
    I aim for around 200g/day.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Maybe your goal is set to too few calories? Main thing is to eat 1lb protein for every lb of LBM.
    Ummmm.... perhaps you meant 1g per pound?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    haha umm none, u either go over, stay under, or change everything else, if something had no nutritional value, just calories ppl woulnt eat it, even chocolate or alchol has carbs, sugar, fiber, fat

and you should be over on protein & fiber because mfp sets it way too low anyways. I'm usually under on everything but over on those, and it's worked beautifully for me!

My protein is usually somewhere between 130-190 on average, and MFP has it set WAYYYY below that.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

That's a lot of protein. o__o I looked at a lean body mass calculator and it says ideally for me mine would be around 86lbs.

Oops yes meant grams!!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

boy, i sure would like to try.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, sugar and fat. Those are the only foods that are just calories, with everything else taken out.
    That makes no sense. Sugar has carbs. Fat has... well, fat. Those are macronutrients.

OP - the only way to get calories with no carbs, fat or protein is with alcohol.

If you have calories left, you should have at least one of your macros left in green, unless the numbers are wrong. If you have to overshoot one, go for protein. Try not to worry so much about getting the numbers exactly right, but aiming for a better overall balance each day.
    I think you need to re-read the OP's question.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    The only way to be out of macros before you're out of calories is you've got a food item that is incorrect...

Kind of the reverse of the item shown here

Aldi - Chicken Breast (Raw) 200 g

230 calories with 0 macros tracked.. no fat.. .no protein.... no carbs as expected since it's not breaded.

that item should have protein and fat and probably some sodium listed...

your problem is the reverse... they've got calories logged but maybe not enough for the macros shown. IE 100 calories of "food" intake and 400 calories of macros logged.
    Have a look at your food diary and see if anything logged "doesn't add up" properly.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, sugar and fat. Those are the only foods that are just calories, with everything else taken out.
    That makes no sense. Sugar has carbs. Fat has... well, fat. Those are macronutrients.

OP - the only way to get calories with no carbs, fat or protein is with alcohol.

If you have calories left, you should have at least one of your macros left in green, unless the numbers are wrong. If you have to overshoot one, go for protein. Try not to worry so much about getting the numbers exactly right, but aiming for a better overall balance each day.
    I think you need to re-read the OP's question.

Huh?

One of those macros she is referring to is "fat". Another would be "carbs". Neither sugar (carbs) nor fat would keep her from going further over in fat or carbs.

All that said, I believe the answer to OP's question is, "there are none".
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

alcohol and sugar are both simple carbohydrates, and fat is just... well fat. They still count to your macro nutrient intake. There is no such thing as pure calories.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    cardboard
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    They SAY there's no such thing as a stupid question, but.......
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    this has got to be a joke...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Forget about the macros MFP sets. They really mean nothing to the average person.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Forget about the macros MFP sets. They really mean nothing to the average person.

The problem is, the macros MFP sets are simple math from your calories:

Total calories x C% / 4 = C grams
    Total calories x P% / 4 = P grams
    Total calories x F% / 9 = F grams

For OP to be at the limit for each of C, P, and F and yet still not be to her total calories means that at least one of the foods she has logged has incorrect macros. Simple answer is for her to check each one, find the problem, and fix it.

But yeah, that said, for weight loss, adhering to the macros MFP sets probably isn't that important.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I wish macros didn't turn red when you go over. I think it is a major source of confusion
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Unicorn hoof powder. It's good with almond milk.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Air. Delicious air.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The problem is, the macros MFP sets are simple math from your calories:

Total calories x C% / 4 = C grams
    Total calories x P% / 4 = P grams
    Total calories x F% / 9 = F grams

For OP to be at the limit for each of C, P, and F and yet still not be to her total calories means that at least one of the foods she has logged has incorrect macros. Simple answer is for her to check each one, find the problem, and fix it.

But yeah, that said, for weight loss, adhering to the macros MFP sets probably isn't that important.

It could be the fiber. Fiber has about 2 cals per g but is included with carbs as about 4. Or, it could be entries in the database is wrong as you mention.