Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

getting a little discourage

2»

Replies

• im 17 female weight 140 5'2'and to answer ur question i did join in october but kept doing bad on and off but now i decided to start over and get serious
  • When Losing weight your body goes through a strange process and it can be different for everyone. First you should know that fat is the lightest part of your body. Bones and muscle are heavier. If you have an even mix of cardio and strength ( weight training) you may actually see yourself gain weight because you are building more muscle. I think if you want to focus on true weight loss put 90% of your exercise in to cardio to burn fat.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    im 17 female weight 140 5'2'and to answer ur question i did join in october but kept doing bad on and off but now i decided to start over and get serious

You are aware this site is 18+ right?

And buy a scale.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    im 17 female weight 140 5'2'and to answer ur question i did join in october but kept doing bad on and off but now i decided to start over and get serious

i am also 5.2 ft and i started at 142 Last October. I am currently 120. like i said before it is slow, especially when you are short and not a whole bunch to lose like us.... I am so glad i stuck with it and i have lost what i have. sure it would of been nice to lose more faster and hit my goal quicker but regardless, i am where i am from not giving up :) I have my ups and down and i hit stall all the time, i just finished a 2.5 month stall... i hope i am finally out of that.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Since July I have lost 30 pounds and am over halfway to my goal weight. In the mirror I can't see a difference but I have to hold my pants up with safety pins. (I sure as heck didn't see 3 lbs ) Take it easy.