Any capoeiristas out there?

Options
Any capoeiristas on MFP? If so what chord are you and how has it helped with your weightloss goals?

I'm only white, I've been doing it for 3 months and I absolutely LOVE it.

Replies

• NightSoldier
    Options
    capoeira is such a beautiful art. I've been wanting to learn it! Did you take classes or are you self-taught, any input is appreciated & sorry I can't answer your question.
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I take classes with the largest capoeira school, Abada capoeira, it's amazing! look for it in your area. It's so much fun and I look forward to it everyday. My boyfriend has been doing it for 3 years and he got me into it.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm a belly dancer, but I was interested in capoiera when I was a kid. You've officially inspired me to do it on once I master belly dance! I guess I just have a love for African dances, whether Spanish or Middle Eastern in nature :laugh:

Is it hard to do?
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    No it's not hard at all! If you persistently train your kicks will be higher in a matter of weeks! Sometimes in the roda I find it difficult because it's all about instinct and I haven't developed that instinct yet, but it'll happen eventually. I love it!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Salve!

Just received my grey cord this fall. Been at it for over 4 years. Although I feel that I am not very good!

Capoeira Regional by the way CCCB in Montreal.

As for weight loss. The exercise was obviously a help, but for me the weight loss was a result of logging my food and being careful about what I eat.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    I'm also eating only 1200 calories, so I'm hoping the capoeira exercise is enough to push the weightloss along. Grey? I don't think we have grey in my school, haven't seen it. What's it above/under?
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough for any form of exercise unless you're under 5"0. Eat 1500-1600 instead, the inches will fall off as your body builds muscle!

Thank you for telling me about capoeira by the way, & answering my questions :flowerforyou:
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough for any form of exercise unless you're under 5"0. Eat 1500-1600 instead, the inches will fall off as your body builds muscle!

Thank you for telling me about capoeira by the way, & answering my questions :flowerforyou:

You're welcome.

I'm 4"7" lol... I'm tiny, so 1200 is actually quite a lot for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!