PLEASE HELP ME!!!

KristinaL
KristinaL Posts: 41
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So on a normal day I will either eat a Lean pocket or a smart ones either for lunch or dinner... I just didnt know if there is anyone else out there that eats these too ... Also are they as healthy for you as they say that they are or am I just falling into a scam to buy their products... If it is healthy and if any of you are eating them .. what are some good smart ones frozen dinners ... I just keep getting the same ones over and over ... Thanks

Replies

• Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    I usually have a Lean Cuisine or Smart One 4 days a week for lunch. They are quick and easy to take to work and I find they are delicious! I have lost 23 lbs since Jan. 4th... so I am going to say they aren't bad for you:) The one thing we have to watch with all packaged foods is the sodium, but right now I am focused on calories and I make sure I get plenty of water. I honestly have not found a Lean Cuisine I do not like, I have never tried any of the seafood ones... not really my thing. My favorite is the turkey, cranberry stuffing and sweet potatoes. My favorite Smart One is turkey and mashed potatoes... guess I am into those comfort foods:)

I also pack some fresh fruit, veggies, yogurt and a couple of snacks to take along to work.

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I'm going to be completely honest with you Kristina, they're not really all that healthy for you. Are they better than fast food and junk food? Yes, they are, so I commend you on the change, but they still contain a myriad of processed carbs, chemicals, and similar bad stuff in order to keep the taste acceptable, while keeping the calories down.

I know they are convenient, and I'll straight up admit that for the first 6 months, I too ate lean cuisine meals for about 3 of my lunches. But since then I've learned how to eat really well, and hopefully pass some of that info to you.

There are some things you can do to make the lunch time eating easier.

Make a healthy chili or soup that you can freeze as individual serving sizes.

Same with thing with a veggie or ground turkey lasagna. there are a whole host of foods you can make in bulk and freeze for lunch that aren't full of chemicals. That's what my wife and I do, we make either a chili or a lasagna every Sunday, and cut up 10 servings and freeze them, it's low cost (about 12 to 15 bucks for the whole meal) and it's much healthier (and cheaper) then those processed meals.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Nice tips, which help when giving an opinion on how to improve eating habits. :smile:
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    I agree with SHBoss.

I used to eat Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice and Kashi about 3-5 times per week for lunches. It's good when you are beginning, but once I started to progress to a more clean eating lifestyle, I stopped. Besides being processed, they are loaded with sodium!

I still have a couple of Healthy Choice in my freezer for emergencies (LOL) but for the most part, I eat homemade foods.

Leftovers from the night before are great!
This discussion has been closed.