FRUSTRATED.... I can't seem to keep my weight down.

pixiepandora
pixiepandora Posts: 22
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
In the last two or three months I put on around 11lbs. I think this is because I started taking the pill. When I realised I'd put on so much weight I started dieting and excercising again and lost 6lbs.

Now my weight seems to be going up and down even though I'm eating healthily and excercising regularly. What could be causing this problem?

I'm really frustrated...

xx

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    I recently started the pill about 3 weeks ago and in 2 weeks put on 6 lb, so I totally understand your frustration. I'm taking it for medical reasons and determined to try it for 3 months. So I am determined to ramp up my exercise a little more, and cut out processed foods (also to help with the medical condition) and see what has happened. In the past week, my weight dropped 3 lb (probably because of my lessened salt intake from the processed foods).

Also, I found the pill made me more emotional, which made me more "munchy" too.

Don't give up. They say it takes about 3 months to get the medicine to equal out and all my friends who gained weight said that within six months, they were able to get it under control and start losing again. Until then, think of all the benefit you are doing to your body in being healthy and happy. I have to keep telling myself that weight sometimes is really just a number.

I wish you all the success.
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Yep, when I went on the patch, I gained 10 lbs in 3 mo!! I did have to stay on it for PCOS, and it is really hard to lose with that condition. And yes, it take 3 mo for meds to regulate.

BUT, like the above poster said, try not to focus on the # on the scale, but how you feel, can you breath better when taking stairs, do your legs look leaner, you see a slight muscle buldge in your bicep, your muffin top is ALMOST gone! Things like that keep me going even though the scale barely moves!
This discussion has been closed.