My anniversary present

Options
My fourth wedding anniversary is coming up on April 20th. Of course, just like last year about this time, I was determined to lose weight before that date. I think I lost a few pounds, and have since put it back on plus. My husband also has gained weight in the four years, and only being about 5'5", it shows.

I put in an early request for my anniversary present, and since money is tight, figure it is doable. I asked him to lose 15 lb with me in the next 9 weeks. Not just lose weight, but actually get stronger and faster in our running, make better food choices. We have talked about it before, and he says it's too hard for him to "diet" so he never does, and then I feel the pressure to cave in to bad eating. But I am determined this time. And I sat him down and asked him to please give this to me as this is what I really want and it would be the best anniversary present he could ever give me as I want the 4 years to turn into 40. And besides, then we will be in shape for the summer months and I want a "trophy husband" to show off at the pool :wink:

So, yesterday we went out to lunch as a family, and he chose a low cal soup, no dessert. For dinner, he only had one helping. I think he is actually trying. Of course, since he has been working the snow crew for the past two weeks, he has lost 7 lb already, but that doesn't count in his 15.

I think I might actually get my present this year. Better than any piece of jewelry or vacation I could ever want. A healthy, happy couple :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• Pieater
    Options
    That sounds like a nice present to both of you. Is he a member here yet? I'd mention the push up challenge to him also - it was totally irresistible to me when you mentioned it. What guy wouldn't want the ability to drop and slam out 100 push ups, not to mention the bragging rights and beach muscles that go with the ability? A toned upper body looks good on anybody. Maybe a friendly little jab that you'll soon be able to do more push ups in a set than him will nudge him along a bit. Speaking of the challenge...I think I'll go do my day 3 sets right now.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Let me speak from experience. It's a lot easier to take off 15 lbs after 4 years of marriage than it is to take off 115 lbs after 34 years of marriage. I really hope he succeeds in doing it now and not let those few pounds a year keep adding up. That's what I did, unfortunately. But I have done it and feel a whole lot younger now. Good Luck! Our 35th anniversary is this Monday, the 15th.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Well, I told him that I just didn't want us to lose weight. I wanted us to be able to do 50 pushups (he did 13 a couple of months ago when I challenged him), to be able to run 5K in 26:30 minutes on the treadmill, plus the weight loss with healthier choices. He's not competitive unfortunately, as he thinks he's a perfect specimen and no one can compare (jk, but he is confident), so my progress doesn't inspire him.

Great job on your third set for the week. I finally got up to 22, but my goodness that last one took me a little longer to push up from. WOW!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Let me speak from experience. It's a lot easier to take off 15 lbs after 4 years of marriage than it is to take off 115 lbs after 34 years of marriage. I really hope he succeeds in doing it now and not let those few pounds a year keep adding up. That's what I did, unfortunately. But I have done it and feel a whole lot younger now. Good Luck! Our 35th anniversary is this Monday, the 15th.

Thanks. I agree. My ex-mother-in-law, who was overweight told me that it happened by simply putting on an extra 2 to 5 lb a year. But after 30 years, it added up big time. So that is what I'm trying to avoid. My goal is the weight I was when we first became friends (post one child).

btw
    happy-anniversary-055.gif 35 years is awesome!!!!