How long does it take for stretchmarks to fade?

Options
2»

Replies

• DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you lizziebeth102
  • A lot of stretch mark products promote that it works to heal your stretch marks. A way to know if it really works is by checking the ingredients in the product. Anything with mineral oil in it is not good. Mineral oil is generic and cheap oil made from petroleum jelly(The same oil used as vaseline) I know most people won't grease their scalp or moisturize their hair with vaseline because it prevents the hair from growing by clogging up the pores. Mineral oil cloggs up your pores on your skin as well, if your pores are clogged then the products you use is working to no avail. The most natural way of getting rid of stretch marks is to use pure african black soap and unrefined shea butter everyday for at least six months. These products do not contain mineral oil. In all honesty stretch marks do not go entirely away, but they look better in appearance once you find something that really works for you. Also exfoliate before you put on any products to allow your pores to open up and to allow new colagen to form in your skin.
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks never go away completely, they will however, fade to shiny white from the original angry red colour over time. I got mine while pregnant with my son and they used to bother me immensely, but after 27 years I am used to them and barely notice them anymore! A doctor told me many years ago that they were like battle scars and I should be proud of them, I thought he was a crazy old man at the time and I am not sure I will ever be "proud" of them but they sure matter less than they did years ago lol!
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with crazyhealthybeautiful - a lady I just saw on youtube used the African Shea Butter and her stretch marks are fading.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Elastin 3 is AWESOME. Pretty darn expensive, but worth it. I used it on my post-baby stretchies 3-4 times a day until the bottle was empty. By that time, all the redness from the marks was totally gone. In about 2-3 months those fairly new stretch marks looks years old. Ready to rock a bikini next summer because of this stuff!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc8Eyz8L5_i94lmUoKC_aWsagy9SgE5r7jtcnyAO4s3yGbK2Q6Lg
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    my youngest is 31 and I still have them..then again, .maybe because I'm still HEAVY...LOL
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are caused by tissue(meat) under the epidermis(skin) separating due to stretching it breaks blood vessels and causes redness and a visible dent in the skin The dent in the skin will shrink but never be gone drinking lots of water and eating a normal amount of proteins and fats is all you need to increase healing of the scars

the oils are somewhat bull**** it just keeps skin moist which should NEVER replace drinking lots of water

in any case don't worry about them they'll heal on their own no matter what you do at virtually the same rate
  • barbaramory
    barbaramory Posts: 10
    Options
    Make a mixture of ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup Aloe vera gel, liquid from 6 Vitamin E capsules and liquid from 4 Vitamin A capsules. Store it in a container and place it in the refrigerator. Apply this mixture wherever stretch marks appear.
  • dietrichsonia43
    dietrichsonia43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After carrying 5 children, I really gave up all hope on ever seeing my "real" body again. My youngest is now 9 so I really didn't think Dermelastic serum would work on stretch marks that are almost a decade old. To my surprise, after only a week of using Dermelastic stretch marks therapy, I really do see a drastic improvement already! My 'road map lines' have lightened up so much and some are even so light that you can't see them unless you're up close and personal lol. I recommend dermelastic serum to every mom out there... at least give it a try because I think you just might be surprised like me.