Runtastic or Endomondo?

I currently use Nike+ and I like it well enough but it is pretty basic. Just wondering what your thoughts were on these two apps or any others that you like. Thanks

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Tried both. Don't like them. I much prefer runkeeper
  • I like MapMyRun. I can go on their website and plan out a run, get the approximate distances, see other routes that local runners take and even their times, post my runs, save routes, etc. On the app it is fairly basic, speed, distance, time, map position etc, but I think the additional website features make it better overall.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I use dailymile to map / log my runs & walks. I don't have a phone that can handle the apps.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Tried both. Don't like them. I much prefer runkeeper

I think the Runtastic app looks more polished but I'm sticking with Runkeeper. The app is free and it does pretty much everything that the other apps make you pay for. Everything that's missing on the app is more than made up for on the web site. It's not like I need to stare at the phone while I run. The audio queues are all that's necessary to help me with training.
  • Maybe other?
    Im running with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.scapaflow.streetquest really nice app if you are looking for something other, is bit game-like app with lots of events and quests like painting street, chasing rabbit or running from monster.
    If you have some friends around painting event can change into big paint war - you are brush that is tracking your run and paint map, really funny stuff :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    I use Runtastic.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    I use Endomondo for running and cycling but I also log my cycling on Strava.
    I've been very happy with Endomondo for years.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    My phone came with an offer for a free download of Endomondo Pro so that's what I have been using this year. Works good for me and tells me exactly what I need.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    So far, I have liked Endomondo the best. Tried Runkeeper, Runtastic, MapMyRun etc.. and just kind of liked how Endomondo worked the best. Also plugs into MFP. I did get a BT HRM that really only works with Digifit, so I have since come to like Digifit a lot as well.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Strava is my favorite, then mapmyrun, then runkeeper