Has anyone tried phentermine?

Options
If so does it work? and how fast did you lose the weight? with or without exercise how much

Replies

• now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Sure it works but only while you are on it. Once you stop taking it you will gain the weight back.

Eat at a moderate deficit and get some exercise in. That's the only way to lose weight. Pills aren't the answer and they tend to do more harm than good.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Death is a possible side effect
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Sure it works but only while you are on it. Once you stop taking it you will gain the weight back.

Eat at a moderate deficit and get some exercise in. That's the only way to lose weight. Pills aren't the answer and they tend to do more harm than good.

This. My experience echoes this. .
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If so does it work? and how fast did you lose the weight? with or without exercise how much

Go read that other thread that you were the first to reply in
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Exactly what now or never said. I was on it for a couple of months and dropped weight very quickly. I had to take a sleeping pill so I could get sleep at night. As soon as I went off it (cause my heart rate was erratic from being on the upper and a sleeping pill) I put the weight right back on. I have been able to lose over 20 pounds without any pill at all, and I feel much better. I am actually sleeping at night, and I know this is a sustainable life change.
    When you're talking about pills or any other weight loss aid, you have to plan on doing it for the rest of your life. You can't think you'll be able to ever stop it and keep the weight off. It hasn't taught you how to eat better or exercise. And yes, you do need exercise at some point, even if not right away in the weight loss journey.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I tried it but I had about 8 of the possible side effects and massive withdrawal symptoms so I could not continue. I took 6 pills over 2 weeks and didnt notice a damn thing except my husband wanting to move out of our house.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Great question...it's basically a shortcut and poison. Yes, I did and the side effects were not worth it. Google it. A healthy, nutritious diet and workouts will get you there safely. Good luck to you!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Yeah, I know a lot of cocaine addicts that take it when they can't find coke since it's very similar. You could also try bath salts since they're just MDPV which is an analog of pyrovalerone.
    /s
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello,

This topic has been locked due to violation of guideline #3, which states:
    3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.