weight training?

Options
Hi everyone, im new to the site and am really enjoying keeping an eye on what i eat but im confused!! Does weight training (even if heavy) burn any calories, because when i enter it into my "strength" section in my daily diary it does not take off any calories????

Replies

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    it sounds weird but go up under cardio and type in strength training and it give you a big list of options and duration of lifting and then the cals burned...
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just a little tip that helps keep me on track...I enter weight training and the time under cardio and then at the bottom of the page under "notes" I list the specific exercises I do and the weights of each. It helps to look back at the progress you make with reps and weight. Welcome to the site and good luck!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    While the above ways to do it might make you feel better, the short answer is there's a reason MFP doesn't give you calorie info on weight training. Different intensities and rest periods, etc. make it nothing but a guess unless you have a HRM.

And if you log every calorie that goes into your body why would you throw a dart at a dartboard for your cals burned?
  • jonnym
    jonnym Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replys!