Beer Lovers Unite

Options

Replies

• tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have not given up beer at all while on my weight loss journey. Every Friday I go and have about 2-3 drafts! I can give up a lot but refuse to give up my beer!
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    OMG. I love me a good beer and since I started counting calories, I haven't been able to enjoy them as much. The beer I LOVE the most (and if you've never tried it, you have no idea what you're missing) is called Brother Thelonious. Lucky for me, since all the great beers have tons of calories, I also love me a good glass of red wine.

BTW- it is 400 calories per 12 oz, so I haven't had it since I started my diet.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I ♥ beer. Let me rephrase that...I ♥ GOOD beer. I ♥ to go to beer tastings. I ♥ to do brewery tours. Anyone else on this weight loss journey while trying to fit in their love of a frothy brew? What's your beer of choice?

I'm not sure you have to add beer to your diary. I mean . . . I'm not sure.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and its right next door to the Anheuser Busch brewery and I used to love the days when I'd drive into the parking lot and the smell of hops was in the air... oh drool...

Note: Love the smell, not the beer. Plain old Budweiser makes me barf. Lol
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love a good beer too!!

I have gone through many favourites lol There is a local brewery called Brewdog that are bringing out some amazing beers. They have a beer called "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" which was 32%!! gets you hammered!! :D
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Victory - Golden Monkey is my favorite. All beer lovers are welcome to friend me.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am really loving the new Leinenkugels Snowdrift Vanilla Porter, it's super yummy :) And Wells Bombardier, omg it's AMAZING!! Very difficult to find, I'm lucky enough to live a few blocks from a British pub and the guys have it shipped over from England.

That sounds delicious! I love Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, but admit I am not a super knowledgeable beer drinker (yet). I usually get a Miller Lite when I go out because I know the calorie count of it. My bf and I are starting to get into the craft beers and such, but since we live far apart currently, I don't really pursue it much since I'm trying to really be sincere about my weight loss and get a handle on things still.
  • rambo831
    Options
    Someone call?
  • nikkibeverly
    nikkibeverly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a beer lover but I know this will hurt me in the long run. Recently I have started drinking Bud light 55 calorie beer. It's a little watered down but it still taste like beer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I love a frothy cold one...it dpends on the time of year as to what I prefer; in winter I like IPAs, ESBs, and Stouts...in the warmer months I need something a bit lighter and usually go with a Pilsner in the summer...there are a few Lagers I like as well.

Unfortunately, beer doesn't really fit too conveniently right now...I've seriously decreased my beer consumption since I started on my weight loss mission. I was a good 4 beers a night guy for a long time and now I might have 3 or 4 in an entire week...usually on one of my run days. I do make exceptions for holidays and other special events and I don't beat myself up about it; while I do pay close attention to the day to day, I'm also very much a big picture guy and find far more value in looking at things from a weekly and monthly perspective in ultimately achieving my goals.

I've also noticed that, since I'm eating at about a 500 calorie deficit, if I plan to have a few beers (I'll pre-log it) and happen to end up going off the reservation with 5 or 6, I'm usually only a bit over my TDEE anyway.
  • rambo831
    Options
    Any other home brewers here?
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    what about some 64 calorie beer? (JK!! That **** is a joke! )

I Love beer too and I miss it!
  • mokster
    Options
    Any other home brewers here?

we homebrew in my house!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    <3 BEER 2 Much!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I buy growlers of local non [pasturized brew. Mostly wheat ales. I like Thirsty Dog Christmas Ale the best or Pumkin Ale too.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer-maker myself. Have a "Poopy Diaper Ale" Milk-Stout fermenting as I type. It's a commemorative beer for my first-born daughter due in January. I've even designed custom bottle labels for it. :smile:

I have tried to keep some calories free for the occasional brew - luckily beer doesn't have NEARLY as many calories as Soda, which has been MUCH harder to go without!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    My "diet" beer for the duration is Yards Brawler, but when I throw calories and cash to the wind, Rodenbach Grand Cru is my favorite brew.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Oh..Yes...I am a fan of "good" beer.. It is a requirement in the triathlon community to drink beer. We are quite friendly with a couple of local microbreweries (Blue Pants and Below the Radar) here in Huntsville, AL, but my current favorite is Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i love beer , any type of beer but my favorite are the brown ones . i LOVE the kozel or honey brown hell i cant even choose haha
    i wish they weren't so high in carbs and calories soi can drink it like water
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Beer is the best thing ever. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fit in a high gravity IPA (or 4) in a 1600 calorie day. I think the only beers I don't care much for are sour beers and very yeasty wheats/belgians.
    I ♥ beer. Let me rephrase that...I ♥ GOOD beer. I ♥ to go to beer tastings. I ♥ to do brewery tours. Anyone else on this weight loss journey while trying to fit in their love of a frothy brew? What's your beer of choice?