can't believe my weight scales!

Options
I bought one of those Argos value digital weight scales and it was right when I first weighed myself at 86kg, however now within 4-6 days of being on a 1200 calorie diet it shows my weight at 83.7kg. I weighed myself three times having made sure to wait until the weight sets to 0.00 first and all three times it showed up as exactly 83.7kg. Is there anything wrong with the weight scales or is it really possible to lose this much weight within few days on a 1200 calorie diet?
Please help!

Replies

• lar4290
    lar4290 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A lot of the initial weight you're loosing is water weight--you've most likely cut out a lot of sodium/processed foods on a 1200 calorie diet. I always lose a pound or two right when I start tracking calories (more if I have more to loose), but it slows down after that! One summer, I lost 8 lbs. in the first week. After that, my weight loss slowed to a pound or two a week.
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.5 kg in a week recently, so yes it is possible. I don't know how much you have to lose, but bear in mind that the bigger you are to start with, the faster you'll lose.

Sounds like a good start, anyway. :)
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Well, is it 4 or 6 days? Yes, it's possible to drop 5 pounds in 6 days - you could have been a little bloated when you first weighed in, you probably lost mostly water and a little fat so early in the game. You can't really judge how you're diet is working until you're a couple weeks into it.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs the first week because I cut out pop and my sodium levels dropped way off. It's slowed down a but now but when you first start I'd say its entirely possible to lose a bit more.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had started on the third so including today it's 4 days