Has Anyone Adjusted Their Goals Since Beginning?

Options
2»

Replies

• fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I adjusted my goal from being locked on a certain number to instead focus on getting below a certain body fat % (whatever weight that comes with).

I've done the same thing. I was so focused on the number the scale gave at the beginning of this journey that I didn't pay as much attention to the fact that my clothes were become loose. Now, I focus on the measurements. i still weigh myself, but only so I can pay attention to trends.
  • moicanu22
    Options
    1 week and i ajusted! xD
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have - my goal was to lose 60lbs - but with thyroid issue and an endocrinologist that has told me its an uphill battle - I have focused on lifting heavy and changing my body composition - and getting stronger - since I have shifted to that Im not AS focused on the scale and my clothes are all getting too big!
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started out weighing 225 and am now at 201. I have adjusted my calories after every 10 pounds or so. Besides that I also determined what size my frame was, and was surprised to find that I had a large frame. But my daughter, who weighs only 138 also has a large frame. There is an excellent site that I have found that helps you determine your body frame size, and other things that are helpful in losing.

http://www.divine.ca/en/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/?spfb=like helps determine ideal weight by body frame

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm this one has several different ideal weight calculators to choose from

http://www.superskinnyme.com/body-fat-calculator.html and a body fat calculator

Hope these help...
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    My original goal was 65kg but I have been smaller than that so I picked a number I thought would be nice to reach first and then I could see from there. Since I started I have adjusted my goal weight up based on my body fat calculations. I'm currently 70kg and the same size I was when I was less than 65kg and I look a hell of a lot better too. I have a goal weight for my ticker based on a body fat percentage I would like to be but I'm not really all that fussed about that number as my goals are now more fitness based instead of weight based.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes I had to adjust my goals because I had so much to lose and I made my first goal not too long ago so I sent my sights on another 50 lbs to be lost...and I have to say this second 50 looks so far away, sighhhh. But I will get there one pound at a time!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My goal was 140 - to be healthy. When I reached 145lbs I realised I would not be where I wanted to be in 6lbs time so I lowered it to 126.
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    Has anyone else had the experience, as they lose, of reevaluating their target loss? I have always said "oh, i'd be happy with 10 or 15 lbs". But as I lose, I realize I could drop double that! Perhaps you have had the opposite situation, and actually are happy losing less than previously thought.
    Since charts at the docs office are VERY general (even at a size 8 at 5'7" it said i was "overweight), how do you gauge your own goals?

Good question - I started with some ridiculous number based on my teenage boxing weight. I've only ever wanted to loose one pound per week as I want to improve my muscle definition, so big losses doesn't serve a purpose for me. My aim is a low BF % and not a goal weight on the scales.

After 6 - 8 weeks I soon realised that I was right on the money and my execution was going well. I changed my weight number to one stone (-14 pounds) which I achieved last week. I've set a new target another -14 pounds but it's the BF % that drives me. After each stone loss I plan to reevaluate and set a new target if required.

For me it's a sensible approach and stops me getting too obsessed with what the scales say Scales can drive you mad so having a reevaluation works for me. How about you, what's your take on it?
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I haven't changed my goals, but as I approach it, I may want to take off another 10 pounds. But I'm just going to take it 1 step at a time.:smile: