??? about calories burned lifting

Options
I lift weights 3x a week. I was spending about 60 min in the weight area..doing both upper and lower body, with 30-45 seconds rest between each set. mfp says 240 calories burned.

because of time constraints I've super set everything the last couple of times meaning i do one set of arms, then a set of legs, arms, legs, arms, legs with no rest. So it only takes me 40 min MFP says 160 calories....I've worked just as hard, probably harder, and with no resting my heart rate stays up the whole time...so, what would you put down?

Replies

• zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly, ditch the exercise calorie micro-managing, and go by your estimated TDEE minus deficit. I switched to that method a few months back and it has saved me a lot of time and trouble. And it works just as well.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Or eat a certain amount, if you loose and don't want to then add 100 calories etc. If you loose and want to good!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly, ditch the exercise calorie micro-managing, and go by your estimated TDEE minus deficit. I switched to that method a few months back and it has saved me a lot of time and trouble. And it works just as well.

^^ This.