Strong lift question

Options
A little background:
I've been doing some heavy weight lifting for about 8 months while doing a lot of cardio. Recently I've been lifting two days a week and running, biking, and or using the elliptical 5 days a week.

I've last 70 pounds since February and am at a weight I like although I am currently at 16-17% body fat and at 185 lb at 6'2. I want to loose the other 6% body fat while building more muscle.

I'm still eating at a deficit. I do eat healthy and do well on meeting my micro goal. I've been eating greater then my LBM of protein.

questions:

I just don't seem to be making much lead-way on leg strength. My squat weight is just terrible. I've finally gotten up to 135lb for 3x5. LOL Other areas are gaining pretty good. My bench is up to 155 3x5 and I'm up to 6 pull ups from 0.

So I was wondering why I cannot seem to do better on the squat. Is it all the running or cardio effecting not being able to repair the legs? I just don't seem to be gaining much. I started out with just the bar 45lb to the now 135lb.

Anyway, I was thinking about starting the strong lift 5x5 program and see if I can make improvements. It recommends 3 times a week and rest. Should I reduce my cardio for the next several weeks while I try to improve my leg strength?