chinese tonight!?

Options
im having a chinese tonight iv got a thousand calories left plus 600 i didnt use during the week, im not planning on going mad but i have no idea how many calories are in a chinese so better safe than sorry lol anyway i was wondering would it make much of a difference to my weigh in tomorrow as im having a night off?

Replies

• siobhannestor
    Options
    I don't think one splurge will make a big difference on the scale. That said, while its usually high in fat (except Cantonese cooking, like steamed whole fish) and sodium, if you stay away from the deep fried stuff, get dishes with veggies and order steamed rice instead of fried rice or fried noodles, it can be fairly healthy. Have fun!
  • Sean_Dillon88
    Options
    East steamed veggies & some wonton soup first, then try to stay away from the batter fried stuff, and the fried rice.

Most dinner portions at chinese places are meant for 2 people, if you are like me then you may find yourself eating with someone that does not like what you like. Try only eating 1/2 and then save the rest for tomorrow's lunch.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the General Tso's chicken or anything that's breaded, fried and rolled in sauce. :wink:
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ok thanks just wondered, not sure what im going to have but just needed a little reassurance :smile: first time iv had a splurge meal and i dont wana mess up my hard work during the week. thanks agen :smile:
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    oh, the salt in chinese food may leave you feeling "puffy" in the morning....
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    oh, the salt in chinese food may leave you feeling "puffy" in the morning....

Yes, I often will pick up 3-5 pounds literally overnight that can take a week or more to drop (even though I drink gallons of water daily) after I eat chinese food thanks to all the sodium in it.