What is PB2

Options

Replies

• a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I would replace the water with maple syrup or chocolate sauce for extra yumminess.
  • SylentZee
    Options
    I would replace the water with maple syrup or chocolate sauce for extra yumminess.

I thought we were all on here to eat healthier...although sometimes I like to mix peanut butter and nutella in my vanilla ice cream.....lol
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    PB2 is made with premium quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the fat. All natural with no artificial sweeteners or preservatives. Same consistency as full-fat peanut butter with all of the roasted peanut flavor, but with more than 85% less fat calories.

Bell Plantation has succeeded at perfecting the all American staple - peanut butter! Gone are the days of denying oneself the pleasure of a PB&J sandwich because it has too much fat and calories! The perfect lunch item, snack, and kid's preference has just gotten healthier without losing any of the flavor of traditional peanut butter. Through a unique process created by Bell Plantation that does not involve the use of any chemicals nor does it alter nature's balance in peanuts; over 90% of the fat is removed from the peanut. Essentially the oil is squeezed out of roasted peanuts and what remains is a peanut powder. The resulting all-natural product is unbelievable!

Two tablespoons of traditional peanut butter contains about 180 calories, while two tablespoons (approximately 12 grams) of PB2 powder, and contains just 53 calories. PB2 also contains approximately 40% protein by weight. PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that can be reconstituted with water or any liquid of your choice - juice, jelly/jam, or honey. Dip fruit directly into the powder, mix PB2 with a non-dairy frozen topping, make a milkshake or smoothie, or add it to a protein drink for improved flavor and increased protein content. Mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Can be mixed directly with jelly or jam for a PB2 and Jelly sandwich. Use your imagination with other liquids to develop your own unique flavors.

The possibilities for PB2 are limited only by the individual imagination! It is also wonderful for baking either reconstituted or as a powder. Back packers love the convenience and the nutritional intake of the elderly or ill can be enhanced when included in the diet. PB2 is the ultimate perfect food...great taste, low fat, increased protein and versatility.

Chocolate lovers will love Chocolate PB2! The same great PB2, but with just enough chocolate to make it a delectable, guilt-free spread. Delicious on graham crackers, fruit, "salty" crackers, as cupcake icing, ice cream topping, and in smoothies. These are but a few of the uses for this chocolatey, satisfying treat.

:laugh: You must work for the company! I like PB2 as well. Fortunately I can get it at my regular market. No trip to a health food or specialty store required.

It is good in smoothies and for the times I get a craving for a simple PB&J.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    drooling_homer.gif
  • bsierras
    Options
    bumpin
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I prefer Peanut flour, available from Southern Grace Farms (http://southerngracefarms.com/peanutflour.html). It's just like PB2, but without the added sugar.
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Peanut flour or dried peanut mostly... defatted?

I usually get the protein plus peanut flour variety from Netrition. PB2 has sugar added. I can add my own sugar if I want that.

Good with water added, used as a spread, dip, or my fav in sauces or soups. Along with a smaller amount of real peanut butter, it makes for a mean african peanut soup, much less fat than normal but still as tasty.

I wish trader joes still carried 'peanut flour' - that was the cheapest around when they had it.
  • stud2b
    stud2b Posts: 1
    Options
    There is a site that seems to be most affordable on PB2 products: peanutbutterutopia.com
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    What isn't PB2. Jk, it's powdered peanut butter made from peanuts. After the process, there is a trace of trans fat and they add a bit of sugar.
    Worth it for the slash of calories and fat.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1 banana + 2 TBSP of PB2. Toss that into a food processor, then into the fridge or freezer. It's like a happy-pudding.

Sounds awesome!
  • paleojoe
    Options
    Powdered peanut butter...majority of fat removed...

I love good ole pb, but for certain things, shakes especially, pb lets me add tons of flavor without the cals.

I use it the same way...
  • paleojoe
    Options
    I use it when I don't have the room in my macros for the real stuff. its good in protein shakes and in fage yogurt. I get mine on amazon usually. The chocolate one is good too.

http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Cocoa/dp/B006OQLA44/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354909258&sr=8-5&keywords=pb2

In yogurt sounds great...
  • paleojoe
    Options
    I also throw it in pancake batter...
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    I actually just get plain peanut flour - it is just like PB2 but cheaper and with no added sugar and salt. I mix it with water to make PB, use it in smoothies too and it's great for travel! I get 2 lbs for about $11

Yeah just buy peanut flour for serious. PB2 is so overpriced.

Next thing you know they'll be making AB2 when you can buy almond flour like everywhere now.
  • jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    What it is is delicious and healthy! I take 2 tbsp of it, add a drizzle of honey, a teaspoon of olive oil (for the healthy fat) and a little less than a tablespoon of water. Spread on whole wheat toast and add a banana! Yum...
  • paleojoe
    Options
    I actually just get plain peanut flour - it is just like PB2 but cheaper and with no added sugar and salt. I mix it with water to make PB, use it in smoothies too and it's great for travel! I get 2 lbs for about $11

Next thing you know they'll be making AB2 when you can buy almond flour like everywhere now.

Is the peanut flour reduced in calories as well?
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in a whole lot of savoury recipes too - all those things I've been avoiding because of the calories - try it in a satay sauce or dipping sauce for rice paper roles!
    (I'm obsessed with the stuff...)
  • psych0kitty
    Options

Is the peanut flour reduced in calories as well?

PB2 is just peanut flour with additives. So, yes.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options

...where?!?!!?!?!